Veteran sellers, please help me out

beetranslations

Hello there! Welcome.

A couple of notes:
Your writing has a certain flair to it that I appreciate, but tells me little about your experience.
I don’t know your qualifications, where you learned Portuguese (or English, if Portuguese is your primary language), what sort of experience you have, etc.
Your rates appear only on the side of the page–perhaps not a detriment, but I’d like to see them as I’m reading your gig description.

I’d suggest talking a little bit about yourself in your gig description (I’m beetranslations, I’m an avid student of the Portuguese language, I’ve translated fancomics and scholarly texts, etc [i’m just making these up, of course]), what your rates are (I charge $5 for every 500 words of translation, delivered within 2 days including accurate proofreading of your original text), and what sets you apart from your competition.

I don’t see a sell in your gig description and I want to be sold. I want to know why beetranslations is the right choice for my translation job.

I hope these opinions are helpful to you!

I actually disagree with the ‘describe you’ in the ‘describe your gig’ as mentioned above (since there’s a place for that in the profile description), but throwing in one or two qualifications at the end of the gig description might be okay.

Your gig descriptions does need to be expanded. I would recommend looking at a 20 to 30 other gigs that offer translation and see what they offer. (I don’t know this category, but there might be something else you can offer, even if it’s only as a bonus add-on.) (The first sentence in every gig should echo its title, to reaffirm what you’re offering to do.)
Fiverr allows three images per gig, maybe add more?
Always check your gig thumbnails from your profile. The text (size, font, color, style, location) needs to be readable. Your image has been cropped oddly, cutting part of the text. (Gig images are usually the first thing people will see. Shrunk images don’t always look as good as the full-sized.)

If any of the points are unclear, feel free to quote them and I’ll try to elaborate.

Archived