Fiverr Community Forum

VID buyers are THE RUDEST

So I’ve recently come across a few new types of buyers which I’ve never heard of before called VID buyers.

Fiverr describes them as ‘The Very Important Doers (V.I.D.) program is an exclusive complimentary program open to the most experienced Fiverr buyers, who order frequently and regularly on Fiverr. A V.I.D. will receive exclusive benefits and guidance to help grow their business on Fiverr.’

So far my experience with the three that I’ve experienced is they’re rude, have no idea how to read properly and overall have ended in 3 cancellations because they simply don’t understand how Fiverr (or my gigs work). For clarification, every other buyer seems fine and dandy with my work.

Anyone else experience this or have I just had bad luck with them so far?

11 Likes

I faced the same problem a VID Buyer asked for cancelation because he purchase “by mistake”. I questioned the Fiverr Support how this Buyer can be a VID with experience and purchase wrong, don’t make sense.

9 Likes

VID buyers are a new introduction from last month, I think, although they’ve existed in other forms before. The idea of buyer status has been met with criticism so far from what I’ve read.

I’m wondering, have these rude buyers that you worked with got good ratings on their profiles? Do other sellers enjoy working with them?

Try 2-4 years. Not new at all, just more widely broadcast recently.

I can’t say I’ve experienced that so far, I think all buyers for whom recently that V.I.D. or Fiverr Business Client banner popped up, were regular buyers of my gigs already anyway, and my regular buyers aren’t rude.

8 Likes

Oh gawd! That’s quite a worrying read. I guess if you’re a good seller then you get your gigs promoted to V.I.D.s. I fear that with the rate of cancellations so far this might be the end of my seller status :sweat_smile:

I guess it is what it is. I’m just glad I’ve started working on my agency now rather than carry on persuing a full time income on Fiverr, although I will miss the regular clients I have.

1 Like

I had a very nice V.I.D. buyer.

5 Likes

Wow, yes, I had a VID buyer and she was an a*******. After the order was done and accepted, I blocked her.

2 Likes

I also had a pleasant experience with a V.I.D. buyer recently :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I realized recently what the entire experience with these buyers reminded me of. It brings me back to the days when I still had $5 gigs. After raising prices and editing my gigs I honestly forgot what it was like. When things are good, they’re good. When something happens that they don’t like the rudeness, the threats, the entitlement, the passive-aggressive remarks in my inbox just happen all at once.

3 Likes

I have had two VID buyers in the last few days and they were polite, patient and positive!

5 Likes