Video Chat System by Fiverr

According to Fiverr TOS, it is a violation to contact with buyer outside Fiverr’s own messaging system. I know this has been done for the safeguard of buyer as well as sellers. But sometimes there needs to be long discussions with the buyer which can’t be done through Fiverr’s messaging system.

I think Fiverr should introduce a video messaging system itself or officially partner with online meeting platforms like zoom so that buyers and sellers can have long discussions.

Personally I think those buyers who try to lure sellers to contact them outside fiverr are scammers. Fiverr system should ban those buyers.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. You’re very lucky you weren’t banned. Do not do it ever again.

How is that WRONG? It’s just more easy for sellers! If anything fiverr should improve their communication bcoz when buyers respond to you, you have to keep REFRESHING the page to see the response and it’s ANNOYING!

How is that WRONG? It’s just more easy for sellers! If anything fiverr should improve their communication bcoz when buyers respond to you, you have to keep REFRESHING the page to see the response and it’s ANNOYING!

I did not make the rules…

From Fiverr’s TOS:

“Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

It’s wrong because Fiverr can’t moderate something that happens outside of the platform.

Wait but I have contacted buyers outside bcoz it was easier. Is that a violations of fiverr TOS!?

Never ever attempt to contact buyers outside Fiverr platform. If Fiverr finds out that you contacted buyer outside Fiverr or shared any personal information with prospective buyers your Fiverr account will be banned for good.

Never ever attempt to contact buyers outside Fiverr platform. If Fiverr finds out that you contacted buyer outside Fiverr or shared any personal information with prospective buyers your Fiverr account will be banned for good.

What personal information? Why would I give my personal or why would my buyer give their PERSONAL information?!

What personal information? Why would I give my personal or why would my buyer give their PERSONAL information?!

You seem upset. Why?

It’s to prevent people from doing business outside of Fiverr. For example, I place a $5 order with you and then we communicate outside of Fiverr for a larger order to circumvent Fiverr’s fees.

He alrdy paid for the product.

Ok, what if he was a scammer? You delivered, he got your work and then he cancelled?

How could Fiverr’s CS help you if they cannot access your conversations? You need proof of everything that happens in the transaction.

This is to protect you.

According to Fiverr TOS, it is a violation to contact with buyer outside Fiverr’s own messaging system. I know this has been done for the safeguard of buyer as well as sellers. But sometimes there needs to be long discussions with the buyer which can’t be done through Fiverr’s messaging system.

I think Fiverr should introduce a video messaging system itself or officially partner with online meeting platforms like zoom so that buyers and sellers can have long discussions.

Personally I think those buyers who try to lure sellers to contact them outside fiverr are scammers. Fiverr system should ban those buyers.

So you want a video chat feature, but also think buyers who want that are scammers? This doesn’t make sense.

Ok, what if he was a scammer? You delivered, he got your work and then he cancelled?

How could Fiverr’s CS help you if they cannot access your conversations? You need proof of everything that happens in the transaction.

This is to protect you.

I gave him the work via fiverr. But communicated via discord bcoz we agreeed it was easier to communicate.

I gave him the work via fiverr. But communicated via discord bcoz we agreeed it was easier to communicate.

we agreeed it was easier to communicate

I also don’t get this point.

You said earlier that you had to refresh the page to see messages - I’ve literally never had that problem. Messages to my Fiverr inbox always show up immediately.

when buyers respond to you, you have to keep REFRESHING the page to see the response and it’s ANNOYING!

This is a serious bug in the messaging system and should be corrected.

When I respond to a message from a buyer in a conversation I have to keep refreshing the page to see the correct order of responses and see what I just responded with.

we agreeed it was easier to communicate

I also don’t get this point.

You said earlier that you had to refresh the page to see messages - I’ve literally never had that problem. Messages to my Fiverr inbox always show up immediately.

You said earlier that you had to refresh the page to see messages - I’ve literally never had that problem

Me neither. However, the chat on the app is SO much better than on desktop…

You said earlier that you had to refresh the page to see messages - I’ve literally never had that problem

Me neither. However, the chat on the app is SO much better than on desktop…

I communicate on fiverr with chrome like usually most sellers do so I have that problem

But communicated via discord bcoz we agreeed it was easier to communicate.

And it’s a Terms of Service violation. If you keep doing it, please don’t come crying on the forum that you got banned for no reason.

But communicated via discord bcoz we agreeed it was easier to communicate.

And it’s a Terms of Service violation. If you keep doing it, please don’t come crying on the forum that you got banned for no reason.

Yo don’t need to be rude. I didn’t know until I found this forum man. Chill

Archived