Video under review for days, no response to ticket

sarah_p

Hi, so I’m trying to publish my first Fiverr gigs, but I wanted to wait until my videos are approved. It said that it would take less than 24 hours, but it’s been more than three days now.

I opened a ticket like some other people have mentioned, but it’s been a day now and they haven’t responded to the ticket & the videos are still under review.

Help please??

Does the service you offer include video? Sound? Movement?

If not, there’s really no reason to wait to publish.

As for the ticket, CS is taking up to ten days to respond to those due to current conditions.

But the website does say repeatedly that engagement increases by 40% for gigs that use videos in their gallery. I’d rather start on my best foot.

But the website does say repeatedly that engagement increases by 40% for gigs that use videos in their gallery. I’d rather start on my best foot.

image.png.24a9ac8a628f10213dbd0f9ffb616ec4.png

But the website does say repeatedly that engagement increases by 40% for gigs that use videos in their gallery.

Ah, no it doesn’t.

It says ‘can’, not ‘will’.

This is one of those tricky subtleties of the English language. ‘Can’ is a possibility of. It is not a definite.

Also ‘engagement’ does not necessarily mean anything. Clicking ‘play’ on the video is ‘engaging’, but might not lead to anything.

@sarah Link, please?

But the website does say repeatedly that engagement increases by 40% for gigs that use videos in their gallery.

Ah, no it doesn’t.

It says ‘can’, not ‘will’.

This is one of those tricky subtleties of the English language. ‘Can’ is a possibility of. It is not a definite.

Also ‘engagement’ does not necessarily mean anything. Clicking ‘play’ on the video is ‘engaging’, but might not lead to anything.

@sarah Link, please?

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/best-practices-for-new-fiverr-sellers

They mention it in the video, they also say that they strongly recommend including a video of yourself explaining your services. It’s implied in a lot of other articles too that having a video in your gallery is best.

Let’s not fuss on the unknowable of whether a possible client would be more or not-more interested if you have a video. I think they help but are no guarantee of anything, esp if not JJ Abrams slick seeing ppl are massively demanding for the $500 job they want to spend $5 on.

Fiverr can be very slow on approving videos and they can simply get “stuck” in the process and will never approve unless you contact CS.

So I would say publish now if you can with the best you have and send a Q to CS.

🙂

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/best-practices-for-new-fiverr-sellers

They mention it in the video, they also say that they strongly recommend including a video of yourself explaining your services. It’s implied in a lot of other articles too that having a video in your gallery is best.

They mention it in the video, they also say that they strongly recommend including a video of yourself explaining your services.

I didn’t hear anything in the video about it helping.

Keep in mind that Gigs with videos perform better.

As mentioned above, we recommend including videos.

Okay, I’ll grant you that one, but it also doesn’t mention anything about how much better.

I agree with @benedictrm. You should just publish anyway.

If they reject it, is there a way to appeal?

Just fix it and re-upload it.

They mention it in the video, they also say that they strongly recommend including a video of yourself explaining your services.

I didn’t hear anything in the video about it helping.

Keep in mind that Gigs with videos perform better.

As mentioned above, we recommend including videos.

Okay, I’ll grant you that one, but it also doesn’t mention anything about how much better.

I agree with @benedictrm. You should just publish anyway.

If they reject it, is there a way to appeal?

Just fix it and re-upload it.

That’s just splitting hairs, they say over and over gigs with videos do better. That’s my point.

I’ll publish without I guess, just wish I could put my best foot forward is all - especially since I spent a day making these video through my camera anxiety.

Archived