Fiverr is a rapidly growing freelance platform. Almost 7,500 services were created every day in 2018. Micha Kaufman, co-founder and chief executive of Fiverr once in an interview said “The idea of Fiverr is simple,” “We asked ourselves, can we actually make the purchasing a service online as easy as buying a product on Amazon? Which means, you just click a button and it is done.”
And also: “We believe we are going to be the Amazon of services."
So he often compares his firm (Fiverr) to Amazon and eBay, the e-commerce giants.
So my question to all of the community is Can Fiverr introduce voice messaging feature on this platform?
It was a very deliberate question, intended to remove any barriers to getting a buyer and a seller to do business online more easily and safely.
Let’s just take an example: A buyer is in need of a good script for their business launch speech. Instead of writing, they can use the voice messaging feature to tell about their business. It will be less time consuming and more effective for buyer and seller both.
Yes, every feature has their own pros and cons. Let’s see:
- Less time consuming for both seller and buyer
- Can conversate with each other in a more understandable way
- Will help buyers to find more experienced and genuine sellers
- Can help sellers to avoid fake or fraud buyers
- Will not be end-to-end encrypted because fiverr needs to listen the conversation to solve any disputes or cases
- Can be used more to spam others
- Will take more internet data and app data (app space in the device)
- Some users cannot use the voice-messaging systems due to their privacy and it can lead to fewer orders for a seller.
So how will it actually look if Fiverr decides to add a voice-messaging system?
I have tried my best to show you the best possible imaginary photos.
Below are the implementation examples:
On the website:
On the Mobile app:
What do you think of this idea? Comment below. Please Feel free to correct me If I am wrong anywhere.
I think it will help the sellers to understand the buyers more easily, like how they are expressing their emotions, the way they are describing the project or even a normal conversation. It will be great.
I am waiting for your response!
Note: If someone is not able to see the photos. click on it to view properly