Voice Over artist here! Any suggestions?

ashwinirao620

Hey there! I am a new seller on fiverr who does voice over work. Any suggestions on how I could improve my gig?

What is your first impression of my gig?

What do you think could use improvement?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

This is my gig:

https://www.fiverr.com/s2/76c3b3a9a4?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs_Mobile

Hey there, fellow Voice Over person.

First things first, you have had a few sales (I think 4 in the last week or so), so that’s really good. I’ve had none yet, after a week, but I think you’ve been on here a bit longer.

Other good things - your voice has a nice youthful energy to it, and you have a ‘can-do’ attitude.

Also your written English is excellent. And that is not always the case.

Things that could be improved:

You say “Woyceovers” rather than “Voiceovers”, but maybe that is less important in your part of the world.

Secondly, you charge very,very little so that will attract people - but you may need to rise your prices a little in the form of adding some things as Gig Extras rather than all-included. Otherwise you may find the balance between effort required and income gets you down. But your strategy may be to get the reviews and in time raise your prices, and that might work.

The big thing that can be improved, is that you have a very echoey sound. And it’s impossible to ignore, and that will lose you higher-end customers. That needs to be sorted out by building a vocal booth and there’s a ton of information on the internet about how to do so.

Anyway, keep up the good work and keep hydrated (the voice-over greeting!)

If you want to crtique my own offering, please do!!

www.fiverr.com/ukbritishvoice.

Hey there, fellow Voice Over person.

First things first, you have had a few sales (I think 4 in the last week or so), so that’s really good. I’ve had none yet, after a week, but I think you’ve been on here a bit longer.

Other good things - your voice has a nice youthful energy to it, and you have a ‘can-do’ attitude.

Also your written English is excellent. And that is not always the case.

Things that could be improved:

You say “Woyceovers” rather than “Voiceovers”, but maybe that is less important in your part of the world.

Secondly, you charge very,very little so that will attract people - but you may need to rise your prices a little in the form of adding some things as Gig Extras rather than all-included. Otherwise you may find the balance between effort required and income gets you down. But your strategy may be to get the reviews and in time raise your prices, and that might work.

The big thing that can be improved, is that you have a very echoey sound. And it’s impossible to ignore, and that will lose you higher-end customers. That needs to be sorted out by building a vocal booth and there’s a ton of information on the internet about how to do so.

Anyway, keep up the good work and keep hydrated (the voice-over greeting!)

If you want to crtique my own offering, please do!!

www.fiverr.com/ukbritishvoice.

Thank you so so much! Yes, my idea was to get a few good reviews before increasing my prices. Even with these prices, I only got my sales through buyers requests, and three of them was one repeat customer. So till now I have worked with only 2 clients.

I always pronounced it as ‘woyceover’ and don’t know any other ways of prouncing it, but I will definitely check it out.

And thanks on the echo suggestion. I really need to improve on that one.

Thanks a lot, I will definitely check out your gig.

@ukbritishvoice gave some really good suggestions. I’d just like to add one more. Please mention your accent in the gig. You’ll probably find an option somewhere in the “overview” section while editing the gig. This will help your potential buyers find you.

Personally, I always search for voice overs by using “accent” filter. As far as I know, your gig won’t show up in search results if someone is using “accent” filter.

Following is what it looks like if the voice over accent is mentioned.

Capture.png.8819f386dc0e09eae07584f84c0d3c30.png

@ukbritishvoice gave some really good suggestions. I’d just like to add one more. Please mention your accent in the gig. You’ll probably find an option somewhere in the “overview” section while editing the gig. This will help your potential buyers find you.

Personally, I always search for voice overs by using “accent” filter. As far as I know, your gig won’t show up in search results if someone is using “accent” filter.

Following is what it looks like if the voice over accent is mentioned.

Capture

That’s actually really good advice, but I really don’t know what my accent is, which is where the problem lies.

I am Indian, hence I can say I have an Indian accent, but that’s not true. It sounds a bit different from what you usually get when you search for Indian accents.

I usually say I have a mixed accent, because I really don’t know what my accent is.

Archived