Waiting Out 60 days - Effect Of Cancellations

jay_codeguy

Previously, I have written about an unfortunate situation I found myself in. Two orders with 5 star ratings, getting cancelled and refunded, 2 weeks after delivery.

I have gone into the details here.

After 8 years in the freelancing game, I thought I know how the game works. However, every now and then, you learn something new. This is my most recent learning. The Story. Buyer buys two orders back to back, week after week.Both cases, Buyer gives 5 stars.Two Weeks Pass. Buyer is upset. Goes back to Fiverr and claims work was never completed.Fiverr cancels the order. Refunds his money.I get a TOS violation warning.I raise two tickets. Learn more details as to how Buyer managed to claim…

Almost immediately after those two cancellations, my gig impressions just collapsed. Each and every one of my gigs dropped 60 to 80 %.

I also lost my Fiverr Level, obviously.

On a more personal level, I started declining requests from buyers, simply because, I did not want to take up any work at all. I have deleted many of my gigs out of frustration. I have become more selective, and asking more questions. Unless the buyer matches my expectations, I politely ask the buyer to seek out another seller.

Since Fiverr waits 60 days to revisit seller stats, I have now decided to just wait out 60 days, at which point, my Fiverr Level should be restored. Also, I am now sure, having cancellations has an incredible effect on impressions. Not just on that one gig. Your entire profile and all the gigs get demoted

Fortunately for me, I always have a policy of diversifying my freelance channels. Fiverr accounted for less than 10 % of my revenue, so I don’t mind staying away from Fiverr for a while.

I am still new to Fiverr. I am beginning to understand that Fiverr is extremely punishing to new sellers. The policies are confusing, the appeal process is non-existent, extremely buyer friendly and one mistake, and boom, the algorithm will throw you out of the window.

As with everything else in life, its a game of patience and understanding. Figuring out how Fiverr works and understanding the system before trying to make money out of it.

I had aproblem like that. In my case for inexperience, both my client and me.
Long story:
She missunderstood my gyg and hired my gyg without contact me first. So I explained her why it wasn’t right. So she cancelled and rehired me using a right gig…
Short version: I have a history in cancellation now 😔 and even if she said it was her mistake I have to “suffer” for her. She was so nice to give me a tip covering the money that fiverr charged me for her cancellation and mistake.
But I don’t know if there is some way to ask fiverr to make this right.
It was nice to know about the 60 days policy. 😊. There is.hope, I guess.
And I learned that next time I shouldn’t cancel, but ask to add a service or offer an extra.

I had aproblem like that. In my case for inexperience, both my client and me.

Long story:

She missunderstood my gyg and hired my gyg without contact me first. So I explained her why it wasn’t right. So she cancelled and rehired me using a right gig…

Short version: I have a history in cancellation now 😔 and even if she said it was her mistake I have to “suffer” for her. She was so nice to give me a tip covering the money that fiverr charged me for her cancellation and mistake.

But I don’t know if there is some way to ask fiverr to make this right.

It was nice to know about the 60 days policy. 😊. There is.hope, I guess.

And I learned that next time I shouldn’t cancel, but ask to add a service or offer an extra.

I did something similar (try and help client because of client mistake) on another platform. Same thing. Penalty 🙂

These websites and their policies. That’s just how. things are. Nothing much to do.

I agree, cancellation has dropped my expression incredibly. I have over 2.5k impressions in 7days. Now i have 17 impression.

I will wait for 60days to start from scratch again. i feel its unfair for Sellers but we don’t have a choice

I am also. hoping for the same.

image.jpg.207cb766e61e321d803b5a9d3e3337aa.jpg

This what i can see Best seller on my profile comapre to what public see on my profile

image.jpg.bba07a841783deb73988f842e8c20550.jpg

No Best seller

I believe this could be the effect of one cancellation we agreed with my client.

Is there a mutual way to agree with a client on cancellation without affecting my gig rating?

Let’s share!!!

This what i can see Best seller on my profile comapre to what public see on my profile

No Best seller

I believe this could be the effect of one cancellation we agreed with my client.

Is there a mutual way to agree with a client on cancellation without affecting my gig rating?

Let’s share!!!

Is there a mutual way to agree with a client on cancellation without affecting my gig

No. Unless you involve customer service and they agree to cancel it for you without affecting your stats, you unfortunately get to take a hit to your profile.

Buyer ordered without consulting and cancelled it instantly and one negative review

If the buyer cancelled, they cannot leave a review. Cancelling just affects your completion rate, not your overall star rating.

GG

Is there a mutual way to agree with a client on cancellation without affecting my gig

No. Unless you involve customer service and they agree to cancel it for you without affecting your stats, you unfortunately get to take a hit to your profile.

Buyer ordered without consulting and cancelled it instantly and one negative review

If the buyer cancelled, they cannot leave a review. Cancelling just affects your completion rate, not your overall star rating.

GG

Never told same buyer did that .

Sorry, but this sentence makes no sense.

If a buyer cancels their order, they cannot leave feedback. You cannot get dinged in two places (your average review score and completed orders).

GG

Sorry, but this sentence makes no sense.

If a buyer cancels their order, they cannot leave feedback. You cannot get dinged in two places (your average review score and completed orders).

GG

What i tried to say is :

• 1 buyer cancelled the order
  • 2nd buyer gave negative review

Archived