Most of the tips are covered already.
Some more that I would like to add:
- Use your gig gallery to promote yourself.
- Use extensive social media to promote your gigs. At least a couple of posts per day on each. Check for the best times to tweet etc on Google and tweet at those time where you have a high chance of getting more impressions.
- Use flickr and other approved sites where you can put up your portfolio. This can be of use if you are designing websites (Since you are from BSc CS)
- Use Buyer’s Request as already mentioned. Additional tip: Avoid sending offers to requests which has already got 10 or more offers. Your offer will be at bottom and most probably it may happen that it go unnoticed.
- Exceptional communication while sending offers.
- Keep your prices low compared to other sellers for same niche. Offer more to your buyers in your starting phase and later on you can increase your price.
- Have a unique gig title. Do NOT copy other titles. Buyers may be wanting a specific service, you can think of that and include in your title.
- Read, Learn from other blog posts on Fiverr Forum.
Hope this help
All the very best.
Collect from @theyellowcrow