Warning for sharing email

guru909

Hello Fiverr Community, My question is Can I share my email as Buyer asked for an interview before starting the project, upon my denial and mentioning it’s against T&C’s, the Buyer mentioned that interview is necessary for this project. Since Fiverr Doesn’t provide us any interview platform, So I did that but Fiverr flagged my text and demoted me to level 0. Can Anyone guide me please, what to do know, how I can convince them that I didn’t do anything wrong. I opened a request on Fiverr’s customer service and send them the screenshot of the interview that the buyer was going to hold.
Experts, please guide me with the further process and how to get my level back.

• Like 27
  • Up 1

You chose to ignore Fiverr’s terms of service, so you were punished for doing so.

Also, your buyer was wrong to put you in this position to start with. But as the saying goes, two wrongs don’t make a right.

All communication must be through Fiverr. While it is possible to share contact information, it is only permissible for the completion of an order. I think your mistake was that there was no order in place.

Also, based on what I have read in the forums, it would be very wise to seek permission to share your email from customer support before doing so.

• Like 22
  • Up 2

Hello Fiverr Community, My question is Can I share my email as Buyer asked for an interview before starting the project, upon my denial and mentioning it’s against T&C’s, the Buyer mentioned that interview is necessary for this project. Since Fiverr Doesn’t provide us any interview platform, So I did that but Fiverr flagged my text and demoted me to level 0. Can Anyone guide me please, what to do know, how I can convince them that I didn’t do anything wrong. I opened a request on Fiverr’s customer service and send them the screenshot of the interview that the buyer was going to hold.

how I can convince them that I didn’t do anything wrong

You can’t, because you did break the rules.

• Like 17

You chose to ignore Fiverr’s terms of service, so you were punished for doing so.

Also, your buyer was wrong to put you in this position to start with. But as the saying goes, two wrongs don’t make a right.

All communication must be through Fiverr. While it is possible to share contact information, it is only permissible for the completion of an order. I think your mistake was that there was no order in place.

Also, based on what I have read in the forums, it would be very wise to seek permission to share your email from customer support before doing so.

All communication must be through Fiverr.

Fiverr doesn’t give us any kind of video or audio access to interact, if such conditions arise.

buyer just wanted an interview before the order, it is not allowed even for that?

• Like 15

hi,

You have to work as fiverr TOS says. if not you will get a warning. even if your buyer want to contact you outside,you cannot go against TOS as a seller. let them know that you can only communicate via fiverr. sometimes you may loose the order but it will keep your account safe 🙂 as per my experience,to get your level back you have to wait for next evaluation i think.

hope this help
thank you

• Like 16

All communication must be through Fiverr.

Fiverr doesn’t give us any kind of video or audio access to interact, if such conditions arise.

buyer just wanted an interview before the order, it is not allowed even for that?

You are trying to use Fiverr in a way that it’s not been designed for - this is why you were demoted.

@catwriter has told you this and so have I - we’re both experienced sellers.

I shall repeat what I wrote earlier - your potential buyer was wrong to ask for contact information, and you were wrong to give it.

Sellers advertise gigs. Buyers purchase gigs. There is no interview process!

• Like 17

You are trying to use Fiverr in a way that it’s not been designed for - this is why you were demoted.

I shall repeat what I wrote earlier - your potential buyer was wrong to ask for contact information, and you were wrong to give it.

Okay thanks, @english_voice, I really appreciate your help.

• Like 15

There is no interview process!

I guess the only way you can somewhat tackle this situation is that the buyer can send you a list of questions, and you can record yourself talking/answering the questions and send the file?? Just a suggestion…??? 😅

• Like 16

even if interview was preliminary requirement for order?

interview was preliminary requirement

According to your profile, I have seen that you have written “you are a pharmacist”, “You are also very knowledgeable in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.”.

And your best selling gig is for " Virtual assistant"

It is not clear that what kinds of communication of discussion with buyer’s which you are saying “interview”.

There is nothing exist like “interview” rather than a discussion about something of work.

All communication must be going through Fiverr message, and it is fiverr’s rule.

Fiverr does not allow outside communication. If you try to do that, you will be warned.

Any kind of discussion is possible through fiverr message.

• Like 12

As @english_voice said, there’s no such thing on Fiverr. That’s not how Fiverr is meant to work.

And besides, even if the buyer wants to conduct an interview and you want to indulge them, what is it that they can ask you via email, but not via Fiverr inbox?

• Like 13

interview was preliminary requirement

According to your profile, I have seen that you have written “you are a pharmacist”, “You are also very knowledgeable in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.”.

And your best selling gig is for " Virtual assistant"

It is not clear that what kinds of communication of discussion with buyer’s which you are saying “interview”.

There is nothing exist like “interview” rather than a discussion about something of work.

All communication must be going through Fiverr message, and it is fiverr’s rule.

Fiverr does not allow outside communication. If you try to do that, you will be warned.

Any kind of discussion is possible through fiverr message.

There’s no point for asking relation between my qualification and my gig. I do what I do. Please share your views about the post not on my profile. Thanks!

• Like 13

I didn’t do anything wrong

You indeed did do something wrong. You shared your contact information in hopes of communicating with a potential client outside of Fiverr. I suggest reading the Terms of Service again so you can avoid these type of mistakes in the future.

• Like 12

so you were punished for doing so.

If you share your any kind of personal details, you were punished for doing so.

Regards

Khan

• Like 11

There’s no point for asking relation between my qualification and my gig. I do what I do. Please share your views about the post not on my profile. Thanks!

There’s no point for asking relation between my qualification and my gig

I don’t think that @hk_wordpress talked about your qualifications at all. To me it looks like he asked why would an interview be necessary for any of the services that you provide (and that is a perfectly reasonable question, because a buyer demanding an unnecessary interview is shady at best), and why the buyer didn’t just discuss what they needed through Fiverr messages.

• Like 12

The problem is, if you start giving your contact details to buyers before the order even exists, how does Fiverr know you are not planning to take the work outside the platform?

I have been here 2.5 years and never has there been any order for which it is necessary to speak outside the platform. But buyers do request this all the time; if they don’t choose me simply because I won’t chit-chat on WhatsApp or wherever, I am better off without them and would rather decline.

So, just because a buyer suggests it, that doesn’t mean it’s necessary. Buyers can ask all they like and the seller’s answer should always be that it is against the Terms of Service. That’s the whole story–it’s not for us to bend the rules within which we agreed to work when we signed up.

• Like 17

• 2 months later...

Hi,

A buyer on Fiverr share his email and phone number to add in the last page of E book, not to communicate outside of Fiverr. Can it create any problem for me?

• Like 11

• 6 months later...

I am someone who has just started considering hiring on Fiverr for my accounting practice. I can assure you with all the scams out there just ripe in this environment I would not be comfortable hiring someone with out making sure they are a reputable person. I am a new buyer on Fiverrr, and to trust someone with client sensitive data that you have never met and or seen, to see if they are who they say they are, is not reassuring to someone hiring. In my opinion he did nothing wrong as a buyer who is about to potentially spend thousands on this platform, who knows who any of you are. And a picture or video is worth a thousands words. So i would advise fiverr to make it happen. In this technology based world, a zoom call is to much to ask for to interview someone, as opposed to releasing sensitive client data to a complete stranger half way around the world. From a buyers perspective i would have a problem doing that. So it is our money we are spending. If it is not safe then we have lots of other options to spend on.

• Like 14