Wasting time for only 5$

youchoise

I managed to bring a client to fiverr from about a week. The job is to design a book cover for his ebook for only $ 5. I accepted the job not for this meager money but for the possible review that could make me appear a little more. The problem is that I am wasting a lot of time with this client because he cannot find what he wants and he is not often online …

What do you advise me to do? Do you keep looking for a solution to get a good review or change customers and keep waiting?

Ps. There is no chance of a bad review because we are texting via instagram and he doesn’t just accept the order because he doesn’t know fiverr well and would prefer to use it only at the time of delivery and payment.

A couple of things here, firstly are you doing this order through the Fiverr order system? It doesn’t say that any orders are in queue on your gig page and you mention at the end that he doesn’t want to use Fiverr until the delivery time and time of payment. The whole point of Fiverr is that you carry out the whole order through their system to protect both buyers and sellers from being ripped off.

If you under-priced your work to get a review, that’s fine but you also have to deal with that decision if its taking longer than expected.

Try and explain to your buyer that you are trying to work on a design that works well and see if you can resolve the issues.

Finally, if you are using the Fiverr order system you should not being communicating outside of Fiverr. I understand if it might be a client you know in person, in which case you can politely explain that Fiverr requires all order related messages to go on their site. They should be understanding.

A couple of things here, firstly are you doing this order through the Fiverr order system? It doesn’t say that any orders are in queue on your gig page and you mention at the end that he doesn’t want to use Fiverr until the delivery time and time of payment. The whole point of Fiverr is that you carry out the whole order through their system to protect both buyers and sellers from being ripped off.

If you under-priced your work to get a review, that’s fine but you also have to deal with that decision if its taking longer than expected.

Try and explain to your buyer that you are trying to work on a design that works well and see if you can resolve the issues.

Finally, if you are using the Fiverr order system you should not being communicating outside of Fiverr. I understand if it might be a client you know in person, in which case you can politely explain that Fiverr requires all order related messages to go on their site. They should be understanding.

you should not being communicating outside of Fiverr

I think the point of this rule is that if you found someone on Fiverr, you should not try to contact them personally or bring them outside Fiverr, so that you keep all your transactions on Fiverr.

Since both of them are already communicating on Instagram then Fiverr can’t change that. And the buyer has already made the payment through Fiverr so it shouldn’t be an issue.

But I’m not sure what Fiverr’s opinion is.

Man, I took the client from instagram to fiverr, I made him download the fiverr app. I would have no other interest in chatting with him outside of fiverr

Man, I took the client from instagram to fiverr, I made him download the fiverr app. I would have no other interest in chatting with him outside of fiverr

Yes then it is fine to bring clients to fiverr and talk with them here. But are you carrying out the order through the fiverr order system? That’s the main issue here.

I think the point of this rule is that if you found someone on Fiverr, you should not try to contact them personally or bring them outside Fiverr, so that you keep all your transactions on Fiverr.

Since both of them are already communicating on Instagram then Fiverr can’t change that. And the buyer has already made the payment through Fiverr so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Yes man, you are right. Fiverr can’t stand in my way if what I’m doing is in favor of fiverr

Yes then it is fine to bring clients to fiverr and talk with them here. But are you carrying out the order through the fiverr order system? That’s the main issue here.

Of course, I brought the client here on purpose. The chat is happening on instragram though.

I would have no other interest in chatting with him outside of fiverr

The chat is happening on instragram though.

Which one is it? Whilst the order is open I would avoid using Instagram. Use Fiverr only to discuss order related details. If there is a dispute between you, Fiverr will want to be able to see all the messages on their end. If he has already paid on fiverr and the order is open, then politely message him on instagram that you should chat only on fiverr and then deliver the work. If he isn’t happy with it, you can use a revision to make changes. Your gig shows that you include at least 3 revisions.

I would have no other interest in chatting with him outside of fiverr

The chat is happening on instragram though.

Which one is it? Whilst the order is open I would avoid using Instagram. Use Fiverr only to discuss order related details. If there is a dispute between you, Fiverr will want to be able to see all the messages on their end. If he has already paid on fiverr and the order is open, then politely message him on instagram that you should chat only on fiverr and then deliver the work. If he isn’t happy with it, you can use a revision to make changes. Your gig shows that you include at least 3 revisions.

The offer was made but was not accepted, the customer said he wants to wait for the finished order and then pay. There are no scam problems because obviously I don’t send the image of the job 100% sharp. The question therefore remains whether it is preferable to continue this order or “cancel it”, because I am wasting so much time

The offer was made but was not accepted, the customer said he wants to wait for the finished order and then pay. There are no scam problems because obviously I don’t send the image of the job 100% sharp. The question therefore remains whether it is preferable to continue this order or “cancel it”, because I am wasting so much time

and then pay

continue this order or “cancel it”

Now I am also confused. Is your order placed or not? You said he will pay later, this means that order was not started because you have to pay 100% advance on Fiverr to make an order.

Then you are saying you want to cancel this order. How? If there is no order then what do you want to cancel?

Don’t work unless they accept your order. Its a simple rule to avoid scams, disputes and issues. Like I said before:

The whole point of Fiverr is that you carry out the whole order through their system to protect both buyers and sellers from being ripped off.

and then pay

continue this order or “cancel it”

Now I am also confused. Is your order placed or not? You said he will pay later, this means that order was not started because you have to pay 100% advance on Fiverr to make an order.

Then you are saying you want to cancel this order. How? If there is no order then what do you want to cancel?

The order isn’t started, but my work is started, so i consider it like order. “Cancel order” mean “stop working with this customer”

Stop working with this person. You do not have a customer at this point. You have no guarantee of payment or Fiverr rating or even a Fiverr order. If they haven’t actually placed an order, do no work. Classic scammer move. What’s to prevent them from never placing an order after you finish the work? Nothing.

I just cancelled an order last night for way more than 5$, because after sending the buyer 3 different concepts, he changed idea every time and didn’t know himself what he REALLY wanted. So, even though I knew it would affect my stats, I asked to cancel the order.

You’re doing all of this for just 5$, so if it’s taking ayaw your peace, I don’t think it’s worth it continuing.

It is indeed an issue. I thought the same but sooner found out the reality and why it works that way. Even if you bring a customer from outside to the Fiverr, as long as you do the order on Fiverr, you have to keep the communication on Fiverr.

If you want more info. read my experience here:

Today I had this bad experience I just thought of posting here. A guy came in and messaged me asking me to contact him over telegram. [message] So as usual I did use my saved response. and then onwards he was asking to do it few times. I kept saying no. I saw him as a legit buyer so I didn’t block him. I thought well could have an order from him. a while later I got a message from Instagram. obviously, he found my social profiles on google searching for my Fiverr username, (that’s the usernam…

message.PNG.58d3c89c02834889e5e1fef2ed826474.PNG

It is indeed an issue. I thought the same but sooner found out the reality and why it works that way. Even if you bring a customer from outside to the Fiverr, as long as you do the order on Fiverr, you have to keep the communication on Fiverr.

If you want more info. read my experience here:

Today I had this bad experience I just thought of posting here. A guy came in and messaged me asking me to contact him over telegram. [message] So as usual I did use my saved response. and then onwards he was asking to do it few times. I kept saying no. I saw him as a legit buyer so I didn’t block him. I thought well could have an order from him. a while later I got a message from Instagram. obviously, he found my social profiles on google searching for my Fiverr username, (that’s the usernam…

like seriously… can’t blv… so sorry for you 🥺

I managed to bring a client to fiverr from about a week. The job is to design a book cover for his ebook for only $ 5. I accepted the job not for this meager money but for the possible review that could make me appear a little more. The problem is that I am wasting a lot of time with this client because he cannot find what he wants and he is not often online …

What do you advise me to do? Do you keep looking for a solution to get a good review or change customers and keep waiting?

Ps. There is no chance of a bad review because we are texting via instagram and he doesn’t just accept the order because he doesn’t know fiverr well and would prefer to use it only at the time of delivery and payment.

There is no chance of a bad review because we are texting via instagram and he doesn’t just accept the order

Uhh, hmm.

You are working without an active order placed. You are communicating about a job outside of Fiverr. You are charging peanuts and are being hassled by a difficult buyer.

This has disaster written all over it.

-Oh, and even IF an actual order is appropriately placed on Fiverr (kind of doubting that), there is always the possibility of a negative review.

Good news for all participants in this topic: despite the problems I completed the order and it was successful! 5 star review! Now my first order is finished, and another customer has already contacted me, hopefully good 🤞

The question therefore remains whether it is preferable to continue this order or “cancel it”,

It would appear as though you do not have an “order”. At least, not one through Fiverr.

My guess is you are wasting your time here, and this person, even though you are not going to give him a clear image of what he “ordered”, will in the end either tell you they are not quite happy or will ghost you.

I would move on, and in the future, make sure someone orders first before I do any sort of work.

EDITED to add: I am glad this worked out for you, but, in the future, I would be sure to have the buyer place an actual order on Fiverr before doing hours of work in the hopes they would go through with an order. Most times, stories like yours do not end well. The person takes off with the work or just disappears leaving the seller with nothing.

GG

Archived