Fiverr Forum

Watch out for accounts less than a month old

As soon as my gig got going somebody ordered 2 of my biggest packages. When they were ready to be delivered, it read “this account is unavailable”. I couldn’t deliver to the account because it didn’t exist anymore. Since the order was still active, they were considered late. Apparently, Fiverr wont recommend your gig if it is late. Anyway, same guy keeps making accounts just to order the same gig 5 times. I have to cancel each one because he deletes the accounts after he orders the gig. I think he was selling my gig on another website, because each of his orders on his one account were for different people. I don’t think Fiverr gives you back your money when you delete your account, so I’m just confused to why this guy did this. The main point is, these brand new accounts might be traps.

He could also be buying with stolen credit cards, so he deletes the account but doesn’t care if he gets back any money or not…

that’s bad!

Reply to @sincere18: I doubt it.

It’s more likely that the user is abusing the free gig offer.

It would be very simple to do, but hard for fiverr to detect and prevent.

Reply to @mrproofreading: To get that free gig, the friend that you invite has to spend at least $10 on Fiverr first, so I don’t thing that’s the way they do it.

Reply to @belengarcia: Nope, it doesn’t work like that.

“When you invite your friends they get a free Gig. You’ll get $5 when they spend $10.”

If my friend Bob Smith signs up via the link that I send to him, he will automatically receive a free $5 gig. Then, if he spends $10 out of his own money, I will receive a $5 credit.

Reply to @mrproofreading: Yes, but I wouldn’t count that gig because, as far as I know, it’s not any gig, but one that you choose from a list of a few gigs. Al least, it was like that a few months ago.