Way too many Sellers are becoming unreliable

sexyspartan

So I’m kind of new here. More than half of my experiences are cancel orders.
First an editor who asked me what what is the right sentence so she can fix it?? Aren’t you the editor?

Then I had a “ghostwriter” who went ghost. Literally, 1 hour before the project was due, Said I was bullying because I asked “will it be ready soon” after having technically extra days … after I apologized she still cancel the order. I’m guess she never wrote anything?

Then I made another order with an editor who hours before project was due CANCELS and lies and said I sent photos not words to edit… the file is still in our conversation and I went to two different computers to double check and it’s definitely the story and not photos … not only did he not say send it he said find someone else??? I’m confused …

Then I had another writer, wrote the worst children story EVER!! The story which suppose to be for 4 year old. Had the biggest words ever, lots of sentences that made noooo sense “tribulations” “bottomless pit” “distress needed quell” and ended the story by saying “last but not least” ??? Am I being punkd?

If it wasn’t for the 2 great Fiverr experiences I would honestly no longer be a part of this community…

My Question is please tell me there are good editors and writers etc. I’m so close to closing my account

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, there are so many good writers and editors on the platform. You need to be careful while choosing a seller, you can better ask for their portfolios and if you see the work as expected then only place your order. Moreover, do read gig descriptions and check the entire gig thoroughly before ordering. Atleast this will give you an idea about how professional the seller is.

First an editor who asked me what what is the right sentence so she can fix it?? Aren’t you the editor?

Then I had a “ghostwriter” who went ghost. Literally, 1 hour before the project was due, Said I was bullying because I asked “will it be ready soon” after having technically extra days … after I apologized she still cancel the order. I’m guess she never wrote anything?

Then I made another order with an editor who hours before project was due CANCELS and lies and said I sent photos not words to edit… the file is still in our conversation and I went to two different computers to double check and it’s definitely the story and not photos … not only did he not say send it he said find someone else??? I’m confused …

Then I had another writer, wrote the worst children story EVER!! The story which suppose to be for 4 year old. Had the biggest words ever, lots of sentences that made noooo sense “tribulations” “bottomless pit” “distress needed quell” and ended the story by saying “last but not least” ??? Am I being punkd?

If it wasn’t for the 2 great Fiverr experiences I would honestly no longer be a part of this community…

My Question is please tell me there are good editors and writers etc. I’m so close to closing my account

More than half of my experiences are cancel orders.

Sorry to hear you’ve had some bad experiences.

What kind of due diligence are you doing before hiring these writers and editors? What’s their Level? What’s their background in terms of reviews and previous client feedback? Did you engage them to talk through the project beforehand? If so, what kind of vibe did they give off? Did you come away from the conversation confident that they could complete your task for you?

And, respectfully, what’s your budget for these jobs? Not asking for an actual figure here, but are you paying fair market rate for writers and editors of a suitably high quality?

lies and said I sent photos not words to edit… the file is still in our conversation and I went to two different computers to double check and it’s definitely the story and not photos … not only did he not say send it he said find someone else??? I’m confused …

Did you send editable files like MS Word files, or did you send your text in form of .jpg or .png image files or a similar file type?

What kind of due diligence are you doing before hiring these writers and editors? What’s their Level? What’s their background in terms of reviews and previous client feedback? Did you engage them to talk through the project beforehand? If so, what kind of vibe did they give off? Did you come away from the conversation confident that they could complete your task for you?

And, respectfully, what’s your budget for these jobs? Not asking for an actual figure here, but are you paying fair market rate for writers and editors of a suitably high quality?

Again I’m new … but everyone had 5.0 ratings … reviews were great for example the “ghostwriter” had I believe 200 reviews 5.0 … everyone who review seem like they were satisfied but I don’t understand what else I should look for

Sorry to hear you’ve had… issues. (Also, yikes on that children’ s story.)

For your consideration (arguments and counterarguments):

[so%20You%20Want%20to%20See%20Samples] Let me guess. You have arrived here because you are looking to hire a writer on Fiverr, but some of the people you have been messaging won’t let you see examples of their work. Why is that? Are they ignorant? Untalented? Best to be avoided? As a freelance writer, I get a lot of people asking to see samples of my work. Whether it is on Fiverr or elsewhere, everyone wants to try before they buy. As it stands, though, I politely refuse every request. When pe…
Hi there, I felt it is necessary for us to discuss this. I will be delving into why all buyers must, as a matter of due diligence, contact the seller they wish to patronise. As a buyer, please ensure you read the gig description thoroughly before you place an order. Make sure you understand EVERY WORD in the description inorder to avoid dispute. Every word counts. Every sentence must be understood. No room for ambiguity. If you feel you have read the description and understood it, it’s time …

2 of them were very confident but 1 did seem a bit cold and short answered … not really responding with complete sentences almost annoyed that I requested them. But I figure their highly rated, busy and maybe confident in what they’re doing … so I overlooked it… … everyone was 5.0 ratings

Again I’m new … but everyone had 5.0 ratings … reviews were great for example the “ghostwriter” had I believe 200 reviews 5.0 … everyone who review seem like they were satisfied but I don’t understand what else I should look for

everyone had 5.0 ratings … reviews were great for example the “ghostwriter” had I believe 200 reviews 5.0 … everyone who review seem like they were satisfied

How long were the reviews? I tend to ignore any reviews that are shorter than one sentence long, or mention nothing of how the seller excelled.

Did the seller respond to the reviews? Another seller here on the forum made a comment that replying to a review can also be a sign of how the seller will treat their client.

EDIT: No, a seller not leaving comments isn’t necessarily the greatest indicator, it’s just one point to consider depending on the category and service offered.

everyone had 5.0 ratings … reviews were great for example the “ghostwriter” had I believe 200 reviews 5.0 … everyone who review seem like they were satisfied

How long were the reviews? I tend to ignore any reviews that are shorter than one sentence long, or mention nothing of how the seller excelled.

Did the seller respond to the reviews? Another seller here on the forum made a comment that replying to a review can also be a sign of how the seller will treat their client.

EDIT: No, a seller not leaving comments isn’t necessarily the greatest indicator, it’s just one point to consider depending on the category and service offered.

Wow thank you for that tip… I just went back to look and you’re right … she responded to no reviews … all 5.0 ratings and no thank you… nothing… Inwill look at this moving forward … that’s the one that was the most rude…

Another seller here on the forum made a comment that replying to a review can also be a sign of how the seller will treat their client

Though some buyers might not want reviews of things they bought shown on their profile (probably especially outsourcers). The seller won’t know whether they do or they don’t. Normally the seller can only reply to reviews if they first put a review that gets shown on the buyer’s profile. Not replying to every review doesn’t mean the seller treats the buyers badly.

Hey, there are so many good writers and editors on the platform. You need to be careful while choosing a seller, you can better ask for their portfolios and if you see the work as expected then only place your order. Moreover, do read gig descriptions and check the entire gig thoroughly before ordering. Atleast this will give you an idea about how professional the seller is.

Thank you. I do all of the above and when they send their sample work… the ones I go with is always good… but the work I do get back is horrible …now I know that doesn’t mean anything… maybe it is not theirs and may it is… I will never know…

Sorry to hear you’ve had… issues. (Also, yikes on that children’ s story.)

For your consideration (arguments and counterarguments):

[so%20You%20Want%20to%20See%20Samples] Let me guess. You have arrived here because you are looking to hire a writer on Fiverr, but some of the people you have been messaging won’t let you see examples of their work. Why is that? Are they ignorant? Untalented? Best to be avoided? As a freelance writer, I get a lot of people asking to see samples of my work. Whether it is on Fiverr or elsewhere, everyone wants to try before they buy. As it stands, though, I politely refuse every request. When pe…
Hi there, I felt it is necessary for us to discuss this. I will be delving into why all buyers must, as a matter of due diligence, contact the seller they wish to patronise. As a buyer, please ensure you read the gig description thoroughly before you place an order. Make sure you understand EVERY WORD in the description inorder to avoid dispute. Every word counts. Every sentence must be understood. No room for ambiguity. If you feel you have read the description and understood it, it’s time …

Thank you for your incite… I really do look over and look again … almost analyzing every word… but I must be doing something wrong … I will pay even more attention next time… Thanks for the advice

Wow thank you for that tip… I just went back to look and you’re right … she responded to no reviews … all 5.0 ratings and no thank you… nothing… Inwill look at this moving forward … that’s the one that was the most rude…

Hi, I am sorry you had such a bad experience! I don’t understand it. Why are you even here (as a seller) if you don’t put customer service and an excellent product first? I am a writer myself, and I have a little ‘competition’ with myself with each order:

How can I make this experience pleasant for the buyer? Is there something I can add that will blow him away?

Also, I never send something that was not edited for grammar and spelling and that I am not 110% happy with. It is my pride to post only my best.

I suppose your sellers don’t have the same work ethic? It is sad because it is the two big secrets for my success here: excellent customer service and a high work ethic. That’s all a new seller really needs to know!

Another seller here on the forum made a comment that replying to a review can also be a sign of how the seller will treat their client

Though some buyers might not want reviews of things they bought shown on their profile (probably especially outsourcers). The seller won’t know whether they do or they don’t. Normally the seller can only reply to reviews if they first put a review that gets shown on the buyer’s profile. Not replying to every review doesn’t mean the seller treats the buyers badly.

Thank you for that input … I will also confirm this… But I will hope out of over 200 reviews … a seller will respond to at least 1 … there was no response in her reviews… but I will still keep your advice in mind moving forward as well … Thank you

Hi, I am sorry you had such a bad experience! I don’t understand it. Why are you even here (as a seller) if you don’t put customer service and an excellent product first? I am a writer myself, and I have a little ‘competition’ with myself with each order:

How can I make this experience pleasant for the buyer? Is there something I can add that will blow him away?

Also, I never send something that was not edited for grammar and spelling and that I am not 110% happy with. It is my pride to post only my best.

I suppose your sellers don’t have the same work ethic? It is sad because it is the two big secrets for my success here: excellent customer service and a high work ethic. That’s all a new seller really needs to know!

If you check a seller’s profile, there’s something caller ‘skill tests’ that sellers can take. One of them is for English.

excellent customer service and a high work ethic

And capability. The OP is a buyer, not a seller.

Your own English is quite good, but you’re not a native English speaker.

Thank you very much for that. I will be sure to check your profile out. I love to hear people who has the same work ethic as me… I love getting things done and doing it to my best ability and I take it personal if my client is not satisfied… Thank you

If you check a seller’s profile, there’s something caller ‘skill tests’ that sellers can take. One of them is for English.

excellent customer service and a high work ethic

And capability. The OP is a buyer, not a seller.

Your own English is quite good, but you’re not a native English speaker.

Yes, I was ranting about sellers in general! I know the OP is a buyer. I am sympathizing with his dilemma. I feel sad because there are good sellers here - and these bad sellers are driving excellent buyers away!

Yes, I was ranting about sellers in general! I know the OP is a buyer. I am sympathizing with his dilemma. I feel sad because there are good sellers here - and these bad sellers are driving excellent buyers away!

Fair enough. Though it’s not clear from your phrasing.

I write too, but I don’t really offer it as a service. Mainly due to the number of mek-sel-sord ‘bad sellers’ who are in it for the money and not the desire to help people.

To the OP: have you been using the Buyer Request section, or the search bar? (Or both?)

Fair enough. Though it’s not clear from your phrasing.

I write too, but I don’t really offer it as a service. Mainly due to the number of mek-sel-sord ‘bad sellers’ who are in it for the money and not the desire to help people.

To the OP: have you been using the Buyer Request section, or the search bar? (Or both?)

To help People must be the Top Priority 👍

As an editor/seller, I provide free samples, but I do so on the client’s file. This assures them that I am not using a canned sample that may or may not reflect the quality of my work on their specific project. I also respond to each rating/review, both publicly as well as privately (I always thank them). Don’t give up - there are loads of highly qualified and personable sellers here who are responsive and work from a position of integrity.

Oh boy…
So I am a seller and I am being very direct here:

1. I would never work with someone with a name [Mod edit:] with anything containing words referring to reproduction [Mod edit end]. I get that this is not LinkedIn, BUT this is a marketplace for services (most of them professional services). Your username reminds me of the 90’ when we used MSN and we used surname like fungirl89.
  2. I checked your buyer profile and most of your orders are from seller with basic packages of 5$ and 10$. What do you expect honestly? You get what you pay for. You pay 10$ you will get quality and customer support for 10$. I am not saying that sellers who are on the lower end on the platform are not professionals or that their work is not quality work, I am saying that most of the time,people with that level of prices are either new or this is a side hustle for them.

I see you are from the US, so next time pay what is considered acceptable pay for this type of services in the US and you will get a professional, trust me on this.

I buy quite a bit of articles and stories here. Unlike when I first started buying here, a few years ago, it’s getting tougher and tougher to find quality writers.

With nearly 100,000 “writers” here, you can only filter so much. Many can barely string two sentences and there are those that combined a one very long sentence. :woman_facepalming:

I find myself going back over and over again to the same set of writers, because they are dependable. I know what I am getting. The problem is that I need some diversity in the writing pool. Some have left 5r, some are out of my price range (became PRO & charging $200 per article vice the $40 to $60, they used to charge.)

Example, I’m trying to gather articles on pet dogs. I want writers to write me some personal stories on their relationship. I also want done articles on how any emotional support dogs, therapy, etc.

I just don’t have time to go thru 100,000 sellers. I tried using buyer’s request and that was a disaster. No one and I mean literally no one reads the requirements.

I get, “hello, dear. I can do this for you. $50.” 😑

I wish there was a better filter for finding legit writers/sellers. Truth be told, almost all my writers came from this forum.

I buy quite a bit of articles and stories here. Unlike when I first started buying here, a few years ago, it’s getting tougher and tougher to find quality writers.

With nearly 100,000 “writers” here, you can only filter so much. Many can barely string two sentences and there are those that combined a one very long sentence. :woman_facepalming:

I find myself going back over and over again to the same set of writers, because they are dependable. I know what I am getting. The problem is that I need some diversity in the writing pool. Some have left 5r, some are out of my price range (became PRO & charging $200 per article vice the $40 to $60, they used to charge.)

Example, I’m trying to gather articles on pet dogs. I want writers to write me some personal stories on their relationship. I also want done articles on how any emotional support dogs, therapy, etc.

I just don’t have time to go thru 100,000 sellers. I tried using buyer’s request and that was a disaster. No one and I mean literally no one reads the requirements.

I get, “hello, dear. I can do this for you. $50.” 😑

I wish there was a better filter for finding legit writers/sellers. Truth be told, almost all my writers came from this forum.

I can so relate to you and everything you said a 100% I wish there were filters too… thank you for replying

You don’t seam like a very good person so probably seller have sensed that and this is why you have problems on the platform.

I don’t have time to waste on a person who call them self selves a Sexy spartan. Is almost look like a compensation for something. 🙂

I’m sorry you have a problem with the word sexy. I am, so what can I say? … I’m sorry you don’t feel that way… good luck to you … I’ve read other post you’ve posted on this forum … I’ve seen people responded to you rudely because you are a rude person who feel intitled to be right because you became pro and you seem to always be looking down

On sellers who gets lot of reviews for being cheaper than your service…and always have problem with buyers and don’t even say thank you for the 2-3 reviews you have … I’m guessing you’re new as well… so best of luck to both us… I’m guessing you’re one of the sellers I am talking about clearly … you came in attacking me based on my name???instead of being professional and giving a proper critique … explains it all… Sincerely SexySpartan

Archived