Fiverr Forum

We are sorry, but your Gig: 'promote your book to over 400,000 book lovers' did not pass our content

This gig has been active for many months, with tons of positive reviews. Then, suddenly today I get the following email: “This Gig was removed following a third party complaint claiming your Gig is infringing upon their intellectual property rights and/or violating their terms of use and/or misleading consumers and has been removed as per our Terms of Service. As a member of the Fiverr community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings. For more information please read our Terms of Service"

There are so very many things wrong with this email…the most obvious being, “WHAT EXACTLY IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE GIG!!!” The email is so vaguely worded that is MEANINGLESS!

#1 - Intellectual property rights? There’s nothing ‘intellectual property’ about posting a book to MY facebook blog, sending it via email to MY address list, or posting it to the facebook groups that I belong to…

#2 - Violating “their” (third party’s) terms of services? Whose?

#3 - Misleading customers? How?

Fiverr’s customer service / gig police REALLY NEED TO WORK on their communication… An email that points out the specifics of any infraction is what is required in all cases such as this! We’re NOT mind readers!

Also, since CS / gig police have blocked the gig from even me, I cannot even being to fathom what in the heck they’re talking about!

And, as a member of the Fiverr community, how can I be expected to 'respect the broader Internet Community and refrain from such violations…” when they don’t even tell me what the heck they say that I am the violating!

Here’s a caustic bit of irony…Fiverr virally posting a blatant violation of intellectual property rights on their own Facebook account!

Sheriff’s Note: Calling out others is not allowed on this Forum. Even in images.

When Fiverr receives an e-mail about sellers “infringing upon intellectual rights” they need to turn around and say “prove it” instead of immediately taking it out on the seller. It causes way too much lost revenue. Innocent until proven guilty.

True! And, the part that is so TOTALLY FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE…is that you don’t get the opportunity to fix whatever it is they feel is in violation! Not that that matters, because THEY DON’T TELL YOU WHAT THE COMPLAINT IS! All you get is a vaguely-worded email, referencing a small listing of possible violations – WITH INFINITE POSSIBILITIES!

And, by the time you get the “You’re in violation” email your gig is gone - denied, untouchable, unreadable…UNFIXABLE…and all of the ratings you worked your tail feathers off for are gone along with it!

And, NOTE TO THE SHERIFF: I was calling-out Fiverr…yep, you guys! You send a shot across my bow saying that I am violating federal intellectual property rights, or possibly your own TOS…it’s hard to tell which, as I have yet to hear back from my request to Customer Service to find out WHAT EXACTLY I AM SUPPOSED TO HAVE VIOLATED! Yet Fiverr itself posts on their own Facebook page blatant violations of copyrighted images to help Fiverr promote another user’s gigs…

In one word: UNREAL

Sheriff’s Note: Your image had users names and that is not allowed on the Forum.

@thebookwormwa Sorry for your frustration. If you haven’t already done so, you can send a ticket with Support to discuss your Gig and what the issue may be. http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sheriff: The only “user name” on the graphic that I posted from Facebook was my own Facebook user id…

An yes, I have contacted customer service for an explanation of the EXACT reason they blocked/denied my post. It has been almost 22 hrs, and no response yet…they must be busy…

Here’s the resonse I finally got from C.S.:

"Your gig was denied due to a violation of a 3rd party terms of service and requested to be removed by Amazon."

My response to them: “I’d like the EXACT wording / copy of the complaint from Amazon, please! I find it impossible to believe that helping authors promote the books they have on Amazon to be in violation of Amazon’s terms and services. Also, please provide me with a screenshot / wording or such for the offending gig so that my attorney can take appropriate action with them. I’d get this myself, but you’ve blocked even my access to my work.

In the mean time, I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT believe that my gig has been BLACKLISTED and that I cannot make ANY CORRECTIONS WHATSOEVER to bring it into compliance with the third party communication you have had with this outside party – that I have (so far) not been allowed to see.

Fiverr’s policies on this regard are too strong-handed, and endanger your own good name across the mico-job community of providers.”