Fiverr Forum

We need to auto complete orders

Anyone else see that when we deliver gigs that we need to mark them as complete?

Anyone else get this?

4 Likes

No? Can you show a screenshot (hide the buyer name obvs)

Untitled

2 Likes

Looks like yet another lightning bolt of genius from the Fiverr dev team.

Do you mind if I ask whether you can mark this order as complete immediately, or if you have to wait for 3-days?

In the first case, this might be a good idea for gigs which do not offer FOC revisions. In the latter, it could be a very bad one, as then sellers are going to have to track orders which they need to mark as complete before they get paid.

Edit: Ok, just read again, I think it’s the latter. Bit of a bummer…

2 Likes

I have to wait three days but my question is would this auto complete if I am away for say 5 days?

Does this give me lower ratings?

1 Like

“Orders which are auto-completed by fiverr lead to lower ratings”

So we now have to force every buyer to give a rating as Fiverr is going to rate us low if they don’t.

Wonderful :unamused:

3 Likes

No - That is not what is being said.
The idea (I don’t like or agree with it) is that when an order autocompletes, buyers either don’t rate it or sometimes are unhappy that it autocompleted when they wanted to or needed to request a revision. In that case it could lead to a low rating from the buyer.

3 Likes

Thanks, my perspective was just as poor as most of this recent Fiverr changes.

1 Like

Again, this is a horrible idea. Fiverr really has to stop throwing stuff at the wall and hoping for something to stick. Does the CEO of Fiverr really even know what’s going on nowadays because if he does he’s doing a pretty bad job.

5 Likes

CEO is working on a new startup for the past year or so, I doubt he’s 100% there when it comes to Fiverr product development.

7 Likes

Honestly, that explains so much.

I don’t like this at all. Was the previous system really causing that many issues? I’ve had two buyers out of more than 1,500 have an issue with an order auto completing. One was mad because the order auto completed and she wanted revisions 5 weeks later. This won’t help that obviously. Sometimes buyers have messaged me for revisions a day or so after an autocomplete. I usually make the small changes requested.

Lately, I have had buyers leave mixed reviews without ever communicating with me that they had a concern. These were on orders they manually completed. I wonder if the messaging has changed for buyers as well.

I am all for making improvements, but this seems like a case of solving a problem that doesn’t exist. There are many ways this can go bad. I wish there was more transparency about these kinds of changes. This and the recent changes to the new order acceptance process are just adding to the admin burden of sellers. That directly cuts into profitability. Time wasted on these new tasks is time we can’t spend doing actual work for clients.

I’m curious to see how this works for myself when I deliver later today.

7 Likes

Just checked, and I’m not getting this right now. I got it a few days back but I think it was rolled back then. Maybe it’s YET ANOTHER Beta thingy.

2 Likes

Hopefully. It would still be nice if there was a place we could go to find out about beta tests and changes. Just getting surprised by something when you log in or check the forum is frustrating.

1 Like

Now buyers can really blame sellers for marking order as completed when they were away and couldn’t do modification on time. They couldn’t before, as we always explained to them that Fiverr is marking orders as completed not us.

2 Likes

The only buyer I’ve ever gotten who was 100% sure I had any power on marking an order as complete myself gave me 1* specifically for that reason. Because how dare I.

This is seriously such a terrible idea. By all means, let’s automate CS to the max while at the same time adding as many manual steps as possible to the workflow itself. :confused:

3 Likes

Folks, if this is causing frustration for you, please report it to CS and explain why. the more consensus there is, and good reasons for it not being a good change, the more likely they are not to implement it.

4 Likes

Here’s the thing, Fiverr doesn’t have a specific ticket category for feedback/recommendations/Site Suggestoins. In my case, I just use the “other selling feature” category.

2 Likes

I think I saw you contacting the CS with the general feedback. Can you let us know what’s the proper way to do it, please? I’d like to hop on.