We, sellers, need buyer blacklist

This way we will have some protection, and not only buyers will have all the tools and feedback extortion at their disposal.

We all have had clients from hell. You can sense them from first message they type, from first instruction they fill in your order - that “I need to mark this order to check on later and see its status in a few days after delivery”.

I have no problem when clients ask for something more, or make some changes - I will do it once, twice…

For example I was asked to move lines in Excel report, sorting, move cells and so on… and I did. The result?.. You are probably guessing right.

So sometimes request/demands go over the line, and way out of what I promise in gig description then it has to have some consequence. My work has to be rated on what I promise/advertise, not on “what they felt”. This is business, and real money and human resources are involved.

In either way buyer can leave you 1 star rating and “bad experience” as feedback comment. You will not have that feedback removed by customer support.

Your only option will be:

1. get over it and move on
  2. negotiate with buyer and offer refund for his consent, or maybe you will have to do some extra work just for that consent.

Buyer can manipulate you with rating system where only he has the tools. And you don’t.

So implementing “Buyers blacklist” - will give you confidence that you will not have to deal with that buyer again. Where you done all what you promise and in return you had to do a refund and maybe some extra work. Or what’s worth - unreasonable feedback which you can’t fix even if you want to.

And as for Fiverr it wouldn’t be a problem. He did not spend his $5 with me, he spent them with other seller. So Fiverr still gets its share. And you don’t - but that is your problem now.

Cheers,

uptotop

• 8 months later...

I second this: we as sellers need an option to blacklist/block some buyers

I’ve had customers who got the work delivered ask for modification and then cancel the gig, after everything is delivered and I spent my time…

Others like uptotop describe use the rating system in order to “squeeze” free extras and some are just plain mean and get everything they asked and without further explaining leave you a bad review… you can’t delete that but, at least you can protect yourself automatically from that person in the future.

Also fiverr could make it that buyers who got enough blacklist/blocks from buyers (something that would be recorded in back office user data) would get a definitive ban from the site - remember these people aren’t making money, but taking advantage of the system - so you won’t be losing any money by banning them

All I could think of when seeing this headline is the NBC show “The Blacklist” and immediately imagined “The Fiverr Blacklist, featuring James Spader”… that would be amazing. It’s just James Spader going around getting revenge on Fiverr buyers… lmao

Sorry guys, I couldn’t help myself.

I second the notion of more control for sellers though 🙂

I agree. I have a particular customer who has placed multiple orders, and consistently adds demands and requests after the order is placed for things that are not offered in my gig. Not to mention the fact that this particular client uses a voice-to-text translation tool, and then expects me to be able to proofread the jumbled mess that results. :-))

I agree. I have a particular customer who has placed multiple orders, and consistently adds demands and requests after the order is placed for things that are not offered in my gig. Not to mention the fact that this particular client uses a voice-to-text translation tool, and then expects me to be able to proofread the jumbled mess that results. :-))

• 7 months later...

Archived