Fiverr Community Forum

We Should Have A Pause In Place That Doesn't Penalize The Seller

Please add an option to pause orders. I can’t stand being penalized for having to cancel an order because a buyer doesn’t read the instructions. I have it stated in three different places on my gig what the buyer should do and how to go about placing an order. We are always talking about the customer being right but I can’t stand when someone then blames it on me for not making it clear enough because they don’t read the gig info or requirements page. I shouldn’t get penalized for someone else’s fault or misdirection when I make it quite clear on what to do. It’s not that I can’t complete my orders in the time span I put on my gigs when they submit requirements, it’s the problem of people not communicating with the seller and placing order willy nilly and then expecting us to take the penalty.

7 Likes

On Fiverr, customer service falls into two sub categories. - Actual customer service and appeasing kleptomaniacs.

No seller should ever get penalized for buyers placing orders when they have no idea what they or what they ate doing. Sadly, Fiverr has no regard for sellers in this respect and I doubt this will change.

8 Likes

You have the option of going on vacation. This will pause future orders, but not current orders.

Ask customer service to cancel for you, then you won’t be penalized.

2 Likes

Yes, but I don’t wish to contact them whenever someone places an order that they shouldn’t because it happens a lot more than I’d like it to.

1 Like

The issue with allowing an option of cancellation that doesn’t affect stats available to sellers is that some sellers would abuse that and cancel under faulty pretenses for the sake of their stats.

I’ve had many sellers try it before, cancelling for stuff like “buyer didn’t provide all requirements” or “buyer requested additional work, which wasn’t in the scope of the original order” when I didn’t do either. And every time I’ve declined and requested a cancellation for the right reason.

It’s as important that sellers are penalized for cancelling orders for illegitimate reasons as it is that innocent sellers are protected when cancelling for reasons outside of their control. Such is probably why the feature doesn’t currently exist (who knows if it will change, though).

I don’t wish to have stop penalization for canceled orders, but I wish for there to be a pause that can happen to allow for customers that have purchased and followed the instructions correctly to not get penalized by others who fail to do so. I understand the penalty and such. That being said, I know that there are scammers out there. I’ve had some steal my profile information to promote my same gig. And I think that if a seller is acting suspicious by canceling an order because of so called unmet terms or without warning, a buyer has the right to contact support. I don’t mind that. But if I guide someone to go one way and they go the other because they won’t take the time to listen, I wonder why should I get penalized? I feel there should be a way for sellers to manage the orders they have. Some people place orders without even giving a warning or a message until after the fact. As my gig requires to create a custom product, I personally don’t understand why someone would place an order without messaging me in the first place.

Buyer can always refuse cancellation for false reasons as you stated. Which is why we need an option for cancellation for bad orders to distinguish between them.

1 Like

No, this would lead to fraud. Fiverr needs some motivation for sellers to complete orders. It also factors into reviewing in how one would just cancel every order they didn’t think would turn out well, which is review manipulation. I’m neither saying that sellers aren’t suffering under the way things are nor that bad orders should count against stats.

I’m merely saying that making a feature for unscathed cancellations is one that would come with other detriments that Fiverr probably holds more important (and should be there).

I don’t wish to have stop penalization for canceled orders, but I wish for there to be a pause that can happen to allow for customers that have purchased and followed the instructions correctly to not get penalized by others who fail to do so. I understand the penalty and such. That being said, I know that there are scammers out there. I’ve had some steal my profile information to promote my same gig. And I think that if a seller is acting suspicious by canceling an order because of so called unmet terms or without warning, a buyer has the right to contact support. I don’t mind that. But if I guide someone to go one way and they go the other because they won’t take the time to listen, I wonder why should I get penalized? I feel there should be a way for sellers to manage the orders they have. Some people place orders without even giving a warning or a message until after the fact. As my gig requires to create a custom product, I personally don’t understand why someone would place an order without messaging me.

I feel there should be a way for sellers to manage the orders they have.

You’re right. There really should be a better way for sellers to manage their orders without needing Customer Support. Hopefully, Fiverr will figure it out one day.

On another note, though, buyers are not required to contact you first, and Fiverr nearly encourages them not to. I’d suggest making sure your order requirements are tight so that it doesn’t matter too much for those who know what they’re ordering.

Stories, for me, can be easier if the buyer contacts me first, but the way I have my requirements set, those who are specific give much detail, and those who don’t care get a wonderful story they’re quite happy with 99.99%. I’d say more people message me for writing because they want to confirm I have good English. I know I do the same when vetting sellers. I need to know that they speak the language well enough to process my brief.