Fiverr Forum

Webcams - What do you use?

Hey all, so I’ve been on Fiverr nearly a year now and I’ve FINALLY decided to get a new webcam for my video gigs, well I’m actually hoping to get it for Christmas lol :smiley:

I’d like one with a built in mic (if possible), USB connection (in case I switch to a Mac next year), one that’s on a Tripod or that I can place on my laptop (as I use that as a teleprompter) instead of one which clips on top of the screen and 720 max as I don’t feel happy with my face being 1080 lol!

Anyone have any suggestions of some good ones? Which do you use? And do you wear mics for filming? :slight_smile:

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Thanks Jo! I think I’m going to have to get some lighting too, I’ve been harassing my photographers about what to get and think I’ve finally decided… To go with what you and Sam originally suggested lol!

I use RealPlayer to convert MOV to WMV, Windows Movie Maker to edit (Oh shush guys, it’s not that bad just to split and cut videos… LOL) then have to edit the audio with Audacity… And then add the audio file back to the edited video and export. I know… O_o

So, it’s all free but a lot of hassle! That’s why I’m thinking to get a mac with it all kinda built in, I deliver in MOV anyway and it would save me time, but I don’t tend to edit videos a lot unless I have to. But until I’m ready to blow my Fiverr money on a Mac, I’m going to start with a webcam :3

Go For Logitech :-bd

I have a logitech c600 I think it is. The one below the c920. it has a mic, it has video calling features for skype and IM chatting and animation. It makes amazing crystal clear videos. I used to do animated videos on it but it just got to be too much work.

So far just enjoying my new Macbook using iMovie and photobooth- but certainly plan to upgrade soon enough. Anyone know of any good place for reliable free or low cost (vs. cheap & crappy) graphix editing software for MAC? I’m still a tadpole from my P.c. days- :wink:

Wow the Logitech c920 sounds great.

My webcams are ancient… with like 320x resolution, lol

Don’t macs have in-built HD iSight webcam? Which mac are you planning to buy? I

@kimmypops Concider buying a semi-pro DSLR Camera like a Canon 550D, 600D or 650D It will really boost the quality of your videos.

Wow thanks everyone for your input! :smiley: My laptop webcam is so ancient, I currently have a Sony Vaio… It was cool in the James Bond film! Lol! :stuck_out_tongue:

The Logitech c920 was the one I was looking at, I think I’ll see how the lighting is as it’s pretty bright in my room when the sun’s out (it’s just not out a lot in UK right now). Macs do have a very nice built in one but I can’t have one up top because I need it at the bottom of my laptop so I can read from my screen as I do all scripted work.

I don’t want it too high quality, then I’ll have to do my make up perfect :stuck_out_tongue: Lol

This is how bad my built in webcam is LOL. (I’m half way through work, I promise I don’t just wear this around the house!). I’d love a professional one but I have to finish setting up my mini studio, it’s difficult to set it up and put it away every day in my bedroom and it’s getting so bad for my sleeping habits ><

I don’t have the use for a camera but if I ever do then I will definitely go with the recommendations here in this discussion

Reply to @princemaxx: Yes macs have very nice HD cams. I have one and i love it but i use my cannon t3i for filming

I use a Logitech HD Webcam C615- it was only $60 and runs amazingly, except its built in mic gets pretty choppy…you have to reboot it because it just zaps out. I’m going to be getting a microphone and tripod soon to even it out. :slight_smile:

I think I’ll get a Logitech c920 webcam… as it seems to tick all the boxes (esp auto focus which I forgot to mention!) But I’ll be deciding later tonight so will let you all know, ooh exciting!!! But I guess I’ll have to wait until Santa brings it anyway! :wink: But that’s like a WHOLE 13 days… Owww lol! :frowning:

And… I’ll probably be buying a MacBook pro in the spring because I sense the motherboard is going to go on my laptop, it’s so old and laggy, impossible to work from unless you have a huge amount of patience, it’s starting to crack in some parts, the touch pad has pretty much been worn away, keys are starting to jam and it’s either going to explode or just melt into a plastic puddle on my lap. I think it’s time to get a new one.

I’m still unsure of swapping from a Windows to Mac though… I’m not a fan girl, the whole obsession with Mac’s has really put me off getting one if I’m honest lol! I literally just want the software that comes with it like imovies, it’ll make work easier in general, I won’t have to convert 99% of files just to edit them, it’ll be faster when I DO have to edit, I’ll get more editing options (nicer transitions etc.) and it won’t crack. Oh, and I guess I could get a pink case for it too :wink:

I’ll leave him the whole pack, and a bottle of wine! If there is any left Christmas Eve lol!

I’m not majorly into editing videos, I don’t like doing it unless I have to and I guess it is a must for longer videos, there’s no way I could read off a telepromter for over 5 minutes without messing up or pausing at least once… But most videos are under 1 minute which is fine.

I have got a lot better reading though! And learnt some big words so maybe one day I will be a pro at it. But practice makes perfect :wink: And until you’re perfect, you could just get someone else to edit your videos lol!

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: Thanks Jo! I think I’m going to have to get some lighting too, I’ve been harassing my photographers about what to get and think I’ve finally decided… To go with what you and Sam originally suggested lol!

I use RealPlayer to convert MOV to WMV, Windows Movie Maker to edit (Oh shush guys, it’s not that bad just to split and cut videos… LOL) then have to edit the audio with Audacity… And then add the audio file back to the edited video and export. I know… O_o

So, it’s all free but a lot of hassle! That’s why I’m thinking to get a mac with it all kinda built in, I deliver in MOV anyway and it would save me time, but I don’t tend to edit videos a lot unless I have to. But until I’m ready to blow my Fiverr money on a Mac, I’m going to start with a webcam :3

Go For Logitech :-bd

I have a logitech c600 I think it is. The one below the c920. it has a mic, it has video calling features for skype and IM chatting and animation. It makes amazing crystal clear videos. I used to do animated videos on it but it just got to be too much work.

So far just enjoying my new Macbook using iMovie and photobooth- but certainly plan to upgrade soon enough. Anyone know of any good place for reliable free or low cost (vs. cheap & crappy) graphix editing software for MAC? I’m still a tadpole from my P.c. days- :wink:

Wow the Logitech c920 sounds great.

My webcams are ancient… with like 320x resolution, lol

Don’t macs have in-built HD iSight webcam? Which mac are you planning to buy? I