Website URLs and Fiverr Terms of Service

francinemh

Hi all,
I am new to Fiverr and I have started offering writing and proofreading services. I hope I have put this in the right forum category!

I have also been an Etsy seller for 2 years and would like to offer a gig to write Etsy listings for clients, as I know there is a demand since it is time-consuming and often not something people look forward to doing. I would like to put a link to my own Etsy page as a kind of portfolio so potential clients can see what I can do.

According to the terms of service, this might not be allowed as it would seem like promotion:

Gigs may include pre-approved website URLs contained within the Gig description and requirements box. Gigs containing websites promoting content, which violates Fiverr’s Terms of Service, will be removed.

How does one go about pre-approving URLs? Do you think something like this could be approved? Would it be acceptable, if the URL isn’t able to be included, to provide my Etsy shop name instead?

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Francine

Guest offlinehelpers

The list of pre-appoved URLs is here - it’s right down the bottom of the page - etsy’s not on it I’m afraid.

Guest offlinehelpers

Thanks for responding so quickly! Good to know. Do you think there would be any issue with including my shop name in the description?

Yes - please don’t do it. Stick to the ones in the approved list only. It gets messy if you don’t… 😉

Guest offlinehelpers

@francinemh, perhaps you can choose a few of your listings that you like best, create a PDF with them, and upload the PDF to your gig.

create a PDF with them, and upload the PDF to your gig.

Fabulous idea! ☀️

Guest offlinehelpers

Thanks catwriter, that sounds like an excellent idea. 🙂 Thanks both for your help!

Thanks both for your help!

You’re very welcome - good luck! 🙂

• 1 year later...

Archived