Weird message. SCAM?

mostafemohamed

Hello,

This is my first posts on forums so I apologize if in wrong section. I have been getting messages where they want me to download files. I not sure if its related to the gig I provide or not. I hesitate if its a virus or something malicious. I got 2 of them, both from china and the other person removed their fiver account a couple of days ago

For the messages, discuss with them first to ensure it’s definitely related to your gig. Check the file types and make sure you scan every file for viruses etc.

For changing your username - you could contact CS and see if they will allow it or you might have to ask them to close one account and open another.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just received a weird message, maybe you guys can help me to understand is this a kind of scam or something? Account from US.

Blockquote Hello, Mr. [MY REAL SURNAME, NOT SURE HOW THEY KNOW]. we would love to use your services in the future for an upcoming video. However, before we do that we would like to ask a few questions regarding a clip you’ve made in the past. Payment is an option. D&S Law

I suspect that the person searched for your Fiverr username via Google and easily found your last name on YT. Since the videos might attract people with varied interests, the request probably isn’t suitable for Fiverr even if it’s not a scam. I would report the user to Support since they mentioned payment in a strange way and signed with the word “law” in it.

Archived