Weirdest gig you had to do. :)

radugeorgescu

Hi guys. If you did any weird funny gig that you want to share with us, this is the place to do it.

In my case so far the weirdest was this guy who sent me a picture of his beard face asking me to shave his face in photoshop and replace it with different styles of beard… so he can pick a style that looks good on him. He sent me a shot of his face and a close shot of his sideburns both of them, like really close. He had a big beard you couldn’t even imagine the jaw line. I didn’t complete that XD I dare you to do it!

Let’ see, I do get weird stuff every now and then…

BTW, I offer drawing gigs and translation gigs.

One time this guy asked me to translate this letter he has written to his

Japanese girlfriend, and since the girlfriend’s English was not so good ( and the buyer’s Japanese level wasn’t that advanced either) , I had to take his letter and translate it into Japanese. It was pretty weird since the letter did contain intimate details like the places they have been to, all the good times they have spent together, and towards the end of the letter he was saying how sad and frustrating things were, etc etc, it was pretty depressing to read and translate.

So I finished the translation, I sent it to him, and about a week later I got another order from him, this time asking me to translate the Japanese letter the girlfriend has written into English. The girl sounded pretty upset in the letter, and did use some offensive language, but the request was to translate WORD FOR WORD, so I did.

I think you can guess what followed.

I was caught in between, translating angry letters back and forth, from Japanese to English, English to Japanese, I hate you, I hate you too, you said this, no I did not, blah blah blah. I must say at one point I was starting to enjoy all of this.

It was weird though when the buyer said something like "What!!?? She said that!? Are you sure!!?? Well fine, OK then, let me type a new letter to her so you can translate it for me!!"

I did end up making a good amount of money from all of this, but it is ironic.

I have no idea what has happened to the couple since the last letter I have translated was full of angry remarks.

Well, the buyer was nice enough to thank me for all the help at the end.

I hope they were able to figure and work things out together, if not,

I hope they have met their true soul mates after breaking up.

Oh duh, this is pretty long…Thx for reading! 😃

lol, one of my first gigs was doing some voiceover work for a Conservative Pagan Podcast. I found that amusing. Anything risque I make sound good, but always secretly makes me giggle. I mostly keep waiting to hear my pre-recorded voice calling my cell phone trying to sell me something!

blockquote>zeus777 said: It was weird though when the buyer said something like "What!!?? She said that!?

Are you sure!!?? Well fine, OK then, let me type a new letter to her so you can

translate it for me!!"

I genuinely laughed hard at this, almost fell off my seat!! Brilliant!!

Erm one fella, who was a singer wanted me to photoshop style a video by removing all his blemishes/acne whilst he was talking (all he was doing is saying hi, in really weird and wounderfull ways)

Then came back and asked me to chop off his head blood n all.

X_X

Reply to @vedmak:

Hahaha, nope, I swear I delivered a high quality translation to the

odd couple! I could have “tweeked” it a bit to make it sound less offensive,

but I was honest and translated everything word for word.

As for my other character drawing gig I offer here at fiverr, I did have a guy who asked me to draw a " girl in a school uniform with pig tails and red ribbons, with her blouse unbuttoned with her cleavage showing, and holding a huge fork with a huge piece of bacon on it."

Not sure what that image was for, but I don’t see the connection between the

school girl and bacon…

Reply to @vedmak:

Hahaha, nope, I swear I delivered a high quality translation to the

odd couple! I could have “tweeked” it a bit to make it sound less offensive,

but I was honest and translated everything word for word.

As for my other character drawing gig I offer here at fiverr, I did have a guy who asked me to draw a " girl in a school uniform with pig tails and red ribbons, with her blouse unbuttoned with her cleavage showing, and holding a huge fork with a huge piece of bacon on it."

Not sure what that image was for, but I don’t see the connection between the

school girl and bacon…

Guest matt_garry

I think the weirdest gig is the one I am doing now I have to write and record a song and mimic the gibberish the toy Furby sings.

Guest matt_garry

I think the weirdest gig is the one I am doing now I have to write and record a song and mimic the gibberish the toy Furby sings.

Archived