It wasn’t always easy, and I’ve dealt with incredible personal loss this year as well as illness, but I struggled through. My service and offerings have evolved and changed, I’ve learned how to set hard limits and boundaries, and have finally gotten to a place within myself where I trust my gut and I’m not afraid to say no when I need to. I’m getting ready to raise my rates for the third time since joining the platform, and it feels really good!
Some highlights have included:
- Getting my work published in the Daily Mail.
- Helping several minority-owned SMBs get on their feet and off to a great start.
- Writing a one-page treatment that ended up earning 6 figures for my dropship client in 3 months.
Some lowlights have included:
- Dropping to a 1 from a 2 (but getting right back up the next month!)
- Dealing with a disgruntled buyer stalking my personal blog and harassing me.
- Having to constantly defend my expertise and pricing, and answer questions I answer in my gig.
- Getting “strung along” by clients that balk and bounce at my quote 20 minutes into a conversation, even when I clearly quote my base price at the start of every conversation.
If you’re aiming for 20k and that coveted shot at TRS too - keep striving! I’m getting there, and competition aside, the more the merrier. Keep your eye on the prize