Fiverr Community Forum

Well...that's a new one and I've been here almost seven years

Cheers. Hopefully it’s not a reoccurring thing.

I guess some are playing the long con as I had worked with this buyer before on gigs for a lot less. This one was a much bigger project. Burns me that they ended up getting the work for free.

1 Like

At the moment Contact customer support, I think it’s helpful

1 Like

Just a note: fiverr do have written in their TOS that all chargebacks are strictly forbidden and buyers most likely will be banned right away after a chargeback. However fiverr can’t really do much if clients do a chargeback with their payment providers.
So it’s not really about being “unfair to sellers”

1 Like

Buyers getting instant response from support yet sellers waiting for days and days is unfair

3 Likes

Thanks. Still waiting for their reply.

Yup. Still waiting. It would be nice to even get a “We’re looking into it”

1 Like

I get there are some automatic processes but as of the moment, the buyer is still on the site (not responsding to my messages) and still purchasing other gigs. They at least left reviews for others less than a day ago.

What was the format of your work? Was it writing? If so, you can probably send them a “business language” message hinting heavily that you will “unfortunately be forced to file a DMCA report against their website/platform/etc” if the work - which you are tracking - is used, as money has as of now no longer changed hands.

If you’ve done previous work for them, it should be pretty easy to track down the site they’re using or posting on. Here’s some info on tracking down your work and filing a DMCA.

3 Likes

Omg… This actually scares me. I’m a new seller and I hope I never experience such things… getting the order cancelled before the payment clearance, no, no!

But why does Fiverr allow that? I mean, from what I read, a buyer can place an order for whatever he wants and cancel it anytime? If that’s the case, he will have the work done like he never spent a cent. for it? What if every buyer starts doing that? Why doesn’t Fiver keep a percentage of the payment for the seller as well, like at least 20%, because he actually worked and put effort and time in it. Isn’t there any “coverage” for the sellers in situations like this??

1 Like

If you’re careful about picking your clients, this is a relative rarity - I wouldn’t let it bother you as a new seller. As the OP mentioned, he’s been here several years and this is the first time it’s happened to him. I’m at a year here, give or take, and I’ve had my work stolen and used once with zero backup from Fiverr - they just shrugged and told me to file a DMCA.

Imagine you rented an event hall for a party, and then an independent caterer to serve food in that event hall. You have your party, but the food and food service is just awful. You complain to the event hall, but they do nothing - it’s not their business, the arrangement was between you and the caterer, they just provided the building your party was hosted in. That’s what Fiverr is like - it’s a platform, and based on our collective past experiences, it’s not realistic to expect any real help from them when scenarios like this arise. Yes, they earn $2 out of every 10 we make, and they get to hold onto our money for two #^% weeks, but that’s the cost of “renting the event hall,” as it were.

2 Likes

Thank you for assuring me! Well, I think I should start learning how to carefully pick my buyers then.

1 Like

Small update…five days and still no reply from CS and no solution.

It took them the better part of a week and a half to get back to me, and even then it was a cut-and-paste form letter.

1 Like

Yeah, finally got a response. They have marked the ticket as “resolved” even though the email from them said they were “still looking into it.” Essentially, “too bad, so sad”.

Sigh.

2 Likes