Fiverr Forum

Welp (slang for "well"), after 2 months and 35 sales, I've gotten my first cancellation

I’ve learned my lesson… no matter how much a buyer begs you to do the work for him, do not accept unless you feel comfortable getting it to work properly.

I spent two weeks and probably 10 hours for a $40 gig. It was technology that I didn’t have experience with, but knew roughly what needed to be done. Now this has happened once before, but the other buyer I had was respectful enough to pay me for the time I spent.

This buyer did not, they asked me to cancel and when I asked him to politely consider payment for my time and effort, he said that he did not receive the services specified in the offer. (I did exactly what he needed in the offer, but due to some hardware nuances that the vendor couldn’t even figure out, it only partially worked)

So I cancelled the order as he requested, but it doesn’t look like he’s going to come back onto Fiverr to accept the cancellation and I’ll end up getting a forced cancellation.

Anyone know what effect that will have on future sales?

Little heading typo … Help!

@lloydsolutions Welp is just another way of saying well. Unless OP had something else in mind.
As for the cancellation it will hurt in some way, shape or form.

Stand corrected. Never heard of it. “Help” did seem appropriate. Thank goodness for the urban dictionary! :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you know does it hurt just the gig that got the order cancelled, or all gigs?

Love the clarification! :slightly_smiling_face:

I had an issue…

Response from CS:

Hi Nika, Note that all cancellations are included in your completion rate, so are mutuals, but this will be only shown to you so I would not worry about that as it will not have major impact on your overall ratings. If you need anything, let me know, ok? Cheers!

So, with Armageddon coming up soon (level review) in January. If your stats fall below the required threshold, then that’s going to be a problem. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t kinda thing.

Actually it doesn’t hurt at all sometimes. Sometimes it seems to hurt all gigs.
No way of knowing but do what you have to do.

Ratings? What about impressions and level?