Were you online when you got your first order?

You’re asking a sensible question. However I’m concerned that new or desperate sellers might feel they have to stay online for longer than is healthy to secure their first order, as the forums are full of poor advice from inexperienced sellers.

To be clear, you don’t need to be online to secure orders. I would say that 95 percent of my orders are received when I’m offline. I only ever log on to Fiverr to answer messages and to deliver work.

The key to securing orders is to make sure your gigs are accurate, well-written, visually appealing, contain plenty of examples of your best work, etc.

All other nonsense about having to be online 24 / 7, posting your gigs to social media, responding to as many buyer requests as you can is utter nonsense that is repeated time and time again by inexperienced sellers who are struggling themselves.

I’m not attempting to be critical. But I am concerned that someone who’s desperate might read a response that says “yes you must be online to get a first order” when it’s just not true.

I’ve been selling on Fiverr for seven years, and I can say without doubt that the reason people don’t secure orders is because their profile and their gigs aren’t good enough. Experience also tells me that these are exactly the same people that will ignore such great advice, and yet follow utter rubbish advice about staying online 24 / 7.

You’re asking a sensible question. However I’m concerned that new or desperate sellers might feel they have to stay online for longer than is healthy to secure their first order, as the forums are full of poor advice from inexperienced sellers.

To be clear, you don’t need to be online to secure orders. I would say that 95 percent of my orders are received when I’m offline. I only ever log on to Fiverr to answer messages and to deliver work.

The key to securing orders is to make sure your gigs are accurate, well-written, visually appealing, contain plenty of examples of your best work, etc.

All other nonsense about having to be online 24 / 7, posting your gigs to social media, responding to as many buyer requests as you can is utter nonsense that is repeated time and time again by inexperienced sellers who are struggling themselves.

I’m not attempting to be critical. But I am concerned that someone who’s desperate might read a response that says “yes you must be online to get a first order” when it’s just not true.

I’ve been selling on Fiverr for seven years, and I can say without doubt that the reason people don’t secure orders is because their profile and their gigs aren’t good enough. Experience also tells me that these are exactly the same people that will ignore such great advice, and yet follow utter rubbish advice about staying online 24 / 7.

Wow… thanks for sharing your experience. I really aprecciate it.

I am going to keep the focus on improving my gigs, profile, and my own learning process.

Archived