What a load of

can you guess what comes next?

After using this “service” for a little over a week, I’ve battled through the BUGS and bought a few gigs to increase link building for my sites. Sad to say that most of the “link building” is simply spamming forum posts and fake profiles with links in them. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a couple of gems out there that provide a good service well worth the $5… and of course some people sell their services short (should be charging more for their efforts).

So I leave a negative review for a seller that said he’d post my link to his silly amount of twitter followers and it turned out that those followers were fake. Pretty disappointing that my link and site was posted to 100,000+ twitter followers and I find out they’re fake. So he posts me a message saying “hey, I didn’t say that my followers were REAL…” and offered a refund if I’d remove my negative comment. - So I replied and said that he might as well have shown my URL to his dog.

Strangely enough my negative - but honest - review was removed. What kind of credibility does this give to Fiverr when sellers can just whine to them and have negative reviews removed? Yeah I know there’s only so much one can do for a measly $4 (after Fiverr take their cut), but people shouldn’t result to SCAMMING people - and if they do they should face the bad reviews they get to warn other buyers that all is not as is claimed by the seller.

Another thing too… why do I see the same sellers at the top of the pile after a week of being here? I removed my own listings because they weren’t even searchable - even for the really obscure keyword combos that I put in. What chance does that give new buyers? … and the bugs - there’s NO EXCUSE for a site this old and making this much profit (20% per sale) to have bugs - at all. Not even the stats work properly, let alone trying to get something listed…

Props to the sellers who actually DELIVERED something worth the $5… but I still think they should change this site’s name to scamerr

When you purchase a gig on Fiverr, make sure you read and understand what they are offering and what you are agreeing to purchase when you order the gig.

If a seller offered this: “I will post your link to my Twitter account which has 20,000 followers for $5”, and this is exactly what they done when you purchased their service… if nowhere in the description, title, etc. does it say “REAL FOLLOWERS”, then you have no basis for negative feedback. The seller delivered exactly what they said they would, and you received exactly what you ordered. So there should be no dispute.

If you wanted your link posted to 20,000 REAL Followers, you should have ordered from a seller who was offering this exact service. Then, if you find that their followers are in fact not real, THEN you have reason to leave negative feedback and dispute their service, as they did NOT deliver what they stated they would and what you ordered.

What you did was like going up to someone, asking if they have a red shirt you could buy from them for $10, they say yes, you agree to purchase the red shirt, and then get mad and try to sue or something when the shirt wasn’t a red Ralph Lauren shirt, it was an off-brand… while the seller never offered a specific brand and you did not ask for/purchase a specific brand. The seller offered a ‘red shirt’ and you agreed to purchase a ‘red shirt’… not a ‘Ralph Lauren Red Shirt’. So, you got exactly what the seller offered and what you agreed to purchase.

I know that may be a weird, maybe even confusing example… I’m tired, lol. But, hopefully you get the point.

Let me ask you this then… what is the POINT of tweeting to fake followers?

And the red shirt comparison is completely off the mark. I think you’d be better comparing it to this:

“I will post your link on my HIGH TRAFFIC site!” - where the seller fails to mention that all the traffic is fake.

“You will win $100,000!” - when the money is counterfeit.

“I will give you a free beer!” - when the beer isn’t beer but beer-coloured water.

“This car does over 100mph!” - when the car doesn’t run at all, but the seller is referring to how fast the Earth moves through space and that the car is actually doing 66,700 miles per hour whilst stationary.

“6 million people will see your advertisement on TV” - when the ad is actually 0.01 seconds long.

You can paint a turd gold, and it might fool some people into thinking it’s gold, but it’s still a TURD.

Or even better… offering to do 3 slideshow videos with up to 10 slides each for $5, but failing to mention that the videos are 1 second long. By your standards I wouldn’t have any right to leave a negative review for that, right?

What did you actually say in the negative comment?

Reply to @bachas85: They’re ALL 'bots or 'scrapers or whatever they are called. Even if they were real people, they are so non-targeted as to be virtually useless. Not only that, once they’ve joined your page, what do you have? Your normal amount of interested, interactive users and a huge number of useless ‘bodies’. I never understood why anyone would think this is a good purchase … showing an URL to one’s dog indeed.

Wow. Smh. Fiverr really needs to correct of lot of nonsense that’s going on. I don’t buy any promotion gigs on here anymore. Its mostly a waste of time and money. I’ve been scammed by a few sellers. I rather build my own links slowly & surely.

Reply to @ryangillam: I simply stated that I was disappointed and that the twitter followers were fake. Just posted my 3rd negative review (first two were removed???) - and guess what - my third negative review isn’t even showing up. All I posted this time was “fake twitter followers. Buyer beware.” The seller is still getting POSITIVE reviews for this exercise in futility.

Yes, you really have to be careful with those gigs that appear to be too good to be true.

@prohelper27

prohelper27 said: If a seller offered this: "I will post your link to my Twitter account which has 20,000 followers for $5", and this is exactly what they done when you purchased their service... if nowhere in the description, title, etc. does it say "REAL FOLLOWERS", then you have no basis for negative feedback.

LOL. ( I'm not really laughing )

I can't believe you wrote that. If you read the gig would you not just assume they were real followers, since having fake Twitter followers is technically against their TOS?

Splitting hairs is no defense.

I have a BMW for sale. I'll give you a deal. $1000.00 bucks! That's a fully loaded model and that will also include shipping it out to you.

When you get my Hot Wheels Dinky Car in the mail let's see if you don't try and fight it.
There are good gigs out there for social media. Just read and ask questions. Of course, nobody can sell real 'Active' users. Even if they are not 'Bot' accounts you can't pay someone to actually like something. But there are advantages aside from activity. Again, this is assuming you buy real accounts and not 'Bots'. Bots have a tendency to vanish from your page as Facebook or Twitter close the accounts. And yes, a few people sell the real thing..... but don't promise real activity. Again, can't pay someone to like something.

I think Fiverr should not have removed the feedback when the seller said: "I never said they'd be real". But that's my personal opinion.

That’s terrible what happened to you Killerwig. I was getting excited about this website but not sure what I think anymore.

I think some people need to use common sense on here. If something sounds too good to be true, then it usually is!

I think there are probably some legitimate gigs that promote.

Yet, I realized early on that most of the twitter things on Fiverr are ridiculous. Followers need to be real AND targeted for a benefit.

I personally would never offer a “fake” twitter gig like that. It’s fraud to promote a lie, and a lie is having fake followers and charging to tweet to them. It does seem like fraud. I’m not fond of those and nor am I some of the worthless SEO back link stuff. It’s common sense to me though.

Nobody can “cheat” a site to popularity on something like google anymore. In fact, I think some of these gigs hurt people more with their websites and they don’t even realize it. You think Google can’t tell a bunch of back links are junk and phony?

Anyway…

killerwig said: Strangely enough my negative - but honest - review was removed. What kind of credibility does this give to Fiverr when sellers can just whine to them and have negative reviews removed? Yeah I know there's only so much one can do for a measly $4 (after Fiverr take their cut), but people shouldn't result to SCAMMING people - and if they do they should face the bad reviews they get to warn other buyers that all is not as is claimed by the seller.

Another thing too.. why do I see the same sellers at the top of the pile after a week of being here? I removed my own listings because they weren't even searchable - even for the really obscure keyword combos that I put in. What chance does that give new buyers? ... and the bugs - there's NO EXCUSE for a site this old and making this much profit (20% per sale) to have bugs - at all. Not even the stats work properly, let alone trying to get something listed...

Props to the sellers who actually DELIVERED something worth the $5... but I still think they should change this site's name to scamerr

1. Did you bother to contact Customer Support and inquire about WHY your negative feedback was removed? Maybe there was another reason. If not, you can simply ask for it to be put back on. ALSO, if a negative comment has been removed by admin, you can still go back and put another one up if your money has not been refunded. I have been told this by the admin themselves when a buyer did that to me. No matter how many times Customer Support removes the comment, if you have not been refunded, you can keep putting it back up. Customer Support will remove the comment up to two times, but only with good reason.

2. The same sellers are at the top of the pile because we worked to get there. We have positive reviews, maybe a few negatives, spent a lot of hours on here, and Fiverr hand picked us to be 'featured' on the top. You have to actually work at it. Being here a little over a week won't even get you level 1 seller. Be patient, work hard, and do not expect anything to be handed to you. If you have shown effort and have been here for a few weeks, you can ask Customer Support to bump you to the front page for a few days to get some sales. They usually say yes unless you're very new(and therefore, didn't even try to get sales on your own yet), rude, or selling an illegal gig.

3. Learn to self-promote and learn to market yourself. There are numerous threads stating how we do not know how Fiverr's search works or if it even works. Adapt to the situation and work around it: self-promoting and marketing. New Buyers are on the front page ALL the time and usually get more exposure. Most level 1 and level 2 sellers experience a dry period once leveled up because Fiverr wants to give new buyers some exposure as well, hence the numerous threads complaining that people get no sales once they hit a new level.

4. Fiverr has bugs. Every site has bugs. If you don't like it, move on. If you want to keep trying to make a profit from the millions of buyers in Fiverr, then deal with it, work around it, and accept that it may or may not change.

I'm sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but I am an honest person. Fiverr has not scammed me of any money- though the sellers on Fiverr have. The Customer Support has been nothing but SUPPORTIVE to most of us. Sometimes we don't like what they have to say but at the end of the day, THEY created this website and they are ultimately the 'gods.' No one forced any of us to work here under these terms and conditions. By signing up and offering a gig or buying a gig, you agreed to them. If there is a problem, contact them. It is that simple.