What Are Buyers Thoughts on Promoted Gigs

silberma1976

Hi Buyers,

Fiverr is testing or rollling out a feature where sellers can, for an extra commission, have their gig promoted as an ad. This means when you visit a category to search the Gigs, you will see the top row or two has gigs with the text “Ad” in them. The seller is giving Fiverr an extra commission to get that placement.

As a buyer, would you click on Gigs that said “Ad.” What would make you choose an “Ad” Gig over a non “Ad” gig?

What are your thoughts on this?

Your feedback is invaluable.

Guest sarahsope1

I would as a buyer click on those kinds of gigs and would also purchase ads as a seller. I would probably not do many, but once in a while as part of my marketing platform.

• 2 weeks later...

As a buyer, I don’t care if it’s an ad or not. I still have to check portfolio, reviews, description etc.
As a seller, I would probably try it out to see how much traffic it will bring in.

Google has been using AdWords for years and it’s working. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work here, especially if payment is taken out of revenue instead of paying per click. If you are at the top of the list you will get more clicks and if you’re paying only when you’re making money, then it’s really no brainer.

As a buyer, I don’t care if it’s an ad or not. I still have to check portfolio, reviews, description etc.

As a seller, I would probably try it out to see how much traffic it will bring in.

Google has been using AdWords for years and it’s working. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work here, especially if payment is taken out of revenue instead of paying per click. If you are at the top of the list you will get more clicks and if you’re paying only when you’re making money, then it’s really no brainer.

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

Archived