What are the latest October 2020 opinions on pausing gigs vs going into Out-Of-Office mode?

leejohnsonvideo

We’ll be traveling soon (October 14th) and when we get back home we’re moving to another house about a block away.

What’s the latest opinion on pausing gigs vs going Out-Of-Office (vacation) mode?

Which one hurts the least?

In the past, we’ve tried extending the due date combined with pausing some of our least active gigs with some success. Just wondering about other Seller experiences.

We’ve had some bad experiences with Out-Of-Office mode.

If you go OOO, you can be contacted by your former buyers through messages, and if you are not quick to reply, they may be upset with you.

Whereas, if you pause your gigs, you cannot be contacted. You could also place a note under your profile image that says something about when you will be back.

Hello, After only 2 days activating Out of Office, my sales on all gigs dropped by 95%, btw im a top-rated seller with more than 16 500 Reviews… So this is just one big warning to everyone Does Out of Office affect my Gig ranking? Depends, the longer the duration you are not active, the higher the chances for your Gigs to lose ranking, as they are not performing like other Gigs." Anyone had a similar experience?

If you go OOO, you can be contacted by your former buyers through messages, and if you are not quick to reply, they may be upset with you.

Whereas, if you pause your gigs, you cannot be contacted. You could also place a note under your profile image that says something about when you will be back.

Hello, After only 2 days activating Out of Office, my sales on all gigs dropped by 95%, btw im a top-rated seller with more than 16 500 Reviews… So this is just one big warning to everyone Does Out of Office affect my Gig ranking? Depends, the longer the duration you are not active, the higher the chances for your Gigs to lose ranking, as they are not performing like other Gigs." Anyone had a similar experience?

We were thinking pause everything this time.

We’ll also have a Quick Response set up for any contacts during travel and when we move and wait for Internet connection, plus getting our Home Office set-up.

After only 2 days activating Out of Office, my sales on all gigs dropped by 95%, btw im a top-rated seller with more than 16 500 Reviews

We had a similar problem in May-June 2018… it took until the end of August 2018 to recover.

We’ll be traveling soon (October 14th) and when we get back home we’re moving to another house about a block away.

What’s the latest opinion on pausing gigs vs going Out-Of-Office (vacation) mode?

Which one hurts the least?

In the past, we’ve tried extending the due date combined with pausing some of our least active gigs with some success. Just wondering about other Seller experiences.

We’ve had some bad experiences with Out-Of-Office mode.

In 2019 and 2020…

we’ve tried extending the due date combined with pausing some of our least active gigs with some success.

We’ll probably do this again.

There is also this issue with OOO.

In addition to what others have said, pausing your gigs instead of using OOO mode could be a better idea; there’s a bug that sometimes lets new buyers message you while you’re in OOO mode, and if you don’t respond in 24 hours, your response rate suffers. And I’m guessing that you don’t want to be distracted by messages from Fiverr while you’re trying to focus on your studies. If you keep some gigs active, perhaps changing the delivery time to a longer one could be of help (thought there will al…

After only 2 days activating Out of Office, my sales on all gigs dropped by 95%, btw im a top-rated seller with more than 16 500 Reviews

We had a similar problem in May-June 2018… it took until the end of August 2018 to recover.

Another reason why I would pause my gigs. But usually I extended my delivery times.

Another reason why I would pause my gigs. But usually I extended my delivery times.

Thanks so much @vickiespencer

It doesn’t sound like anything has changed with Out-Of-Office mode so based on your posts and our past experience, we’re going with this solution:

1. Our Custom Offer Gig is paused.
  2. All other gigs have extended delivery times to cover travel and a day of recovery from travel.
  3. We’ve set up a Quick Response for any messages that come-in while we’re busy with travel and moving.
  4. We’ll “rinse and repeat” during all the moving trauma 🙂

~ Lee and Mark Johnson (Arizona USA)

I used the out-of-office mode for 2 days over the past weekend and deactivated it again on Sunday evening. today on monday there were inquiries / orders for three different gigs. Two of them have no sales figures worth mentioning, but it was a bit surprising that inquiries were made there. I am only a level 2 seller but I could not find any negative influences so far.

It doesn’t sound like anything has changed with Out-Of-Office mode so based on your posts and our past experience, we’re going with this solution:

2. All other gigs have extended delivery times to cover travel and a day of recovery from travel.
  3. We’ve set up a Quick Response for any messages that come-in while we’re busy with travel and moving.

Greetings from Montana USA! 👋

We’ve set up a Quick Response for any messages that come-in while we’re busy with travel and moving.

Unless they’ve changed Quick Response, it’s not automated. It saves you from typing the same thing, but someone still needs to log in and actually send it.

I’ve used OOO so many times ( in fact twice already in the past several weeks)
and I was at first worried about it because I’ve heard about the Fiverr Land’s horror stories of the Fiverr boogieman messing up your gigs etc, but so far nothing bad has happened.
As soon as I am back from OOO my gigs are up, I got messages and notifications during OOO too with no problems… I guess I was quite lucky??

We’ve set up a Quick Response for any messages that come-in while we’re busy with travel and moving.

Unless they’ve changed Quick Response, it’s not automated. It saves you from typing the same thing, but someone still needs to log in and actually send it.

Oh yes, you still need to select and send the message, but it’s still VERY helpful when you’re bouncing around in a car on a 2000 mile trek or making a quick stop somewhere along the way. 🙂

Oh yes, you still need to select and send the message, but it’s still VERY helpful when you’re bouncing around in a car on a 2000 mile trek or making a quick stop somewhere along the way. 🙂

Find free Wi-Fi somewhere and quickly send the already written message?

Archived