Fiverr Community Forum

What are the risky thing for new seller?

Good behaviour is the main key . You can call your buyer as sir . Talk with them. Understand their needs . Ask them what they are actually want . Then ask your self are you able to give your 110% :thinking:? If yes then start the project. Think about that… If you think that, a buyer only orderd a 5$ gig and you do not have to do more, then its wrong :pensive:. It could be 1000$ gig or 5$ gig. The 5$ project review will effect your profile same as the 1000$ gig . Be careful in little project as the bigger project.

Tips -

1. Do not accepte huge order that you cant handle.
  2. Keep in touch after finishing the project :smirk:. And through this tricks, you can get more orders from the same buyer.
  3. Finish one by one project. Do not handle 10 project at a single time.
  4. Let your buyer free with you. But do not try to casual with buyer. This will help Impress your buyer more.
  5. Give them good idea :smiley: that can makes there project more beautiful.
  6. Help them.
  7. Never never never never ask for any tip. Fiverr will hold your rank. (Level 1, level 2) :shushing_face:

Etc etc etc…

Where is the risk??? :thinking:

Here is the risk … Your buyer can give you good review with 5 star :pensive:. But, as example- if he feels that your work is not working for him then he can report your profile … Report your message after completing the project . There is 4 option to report in profile. :zipper_mouth_face:

Remember all those thing . And earn more earn unlimited with your respective buyer on fiverr. :sunglasses:

You dont need 100s of buyer :blush:. One good buyer can change your life with lots of work.

Best of luck.:blush:

I can add more emojis if you want😂

7 Likes

Can you please add some more emojis?

Not everyone is a ‘sir,’ nor does everyone want to be addressed as ‘sir.’ This is an international marketplace, so you should be wary not to be ethnocentric in your approach.

You should not spam a buyer after a project is done. That can lead to warnings.

9 Likes

I feel like I’m going to be attacked by emojis. It’s not a good feeling.

4 Likes

Keep calm…

Om

:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I think, now they will not attack you.

2 Likes

Sorry brother… I want to mean that… Their could be a simple mistake in the project. That need to revise again. So seller need to handle this thing very quickly.

And… Internationally sir is the more acceptable word. I worked with lots of seller in the fiverr and most of the seller use sir word for their buyer. But this is not a rule that… Seller must call a buyer as sir. And not all of my seller called me sir… Some of seller called me brother, friend and also some of them call me with my name.

2 Likes

In certain countries, yes. In many other countries, no.

I suggest you look up Hofstede’s cultural dimensions theory, especially the part about power distance.

(You can use this site to compare countries on their cultural dimensions: https://www.hofstede-insights.com/product/compare-countries/ - it is a great tool to learn about cultural differences.)

For example, in Scandinavia, our equivalents for sir/ma’am are rarely used. Mostly they are used by cheeky salespeople for people older than 80.

Hence when I am called ‘sir,’ it makes me feel old and awkward.

Also, calling others ‘brother’ and ‘friend’ is considered impolite in most business settings.

7 Likes

If the buyer is a woman and the seller addresses her as sir, she could easily feel offended and decide to work with someone more respectful instead. Someone who doesn’t assume that, if she’s running a business and buying a service for it, she must be a man.

4 Likes

Sir isn’t used much in the U.S. It’s much too formal. And people don’t call each other “brother”. I find it amusing but also not something a professional would ever do.

In fact it’s not necessary to call anyone anything when dealing with a client.

I know it’s different in various parts of the world. But it’s slightly offensive to be called anything other than my name by sellers or buyers. I am in a western culture and we don’t do this, use sir, madame, brother or “ma”. It’s best to skip all such words.

5 Likes

That’s true, mostly I rather go straight to what I’m wanting to discuss with the buyer without regarding him/her with any pronoun. Because they definitely know whom I’m in conversation with because it’s only the two of us in the discussion box.

2 Likes

Thanks vibronx. I will must read it.

3 Likes

Yes. Not important. Deal is the main thing.

Thanks for valuable tips

1 Like

Thanks dear. But I will suggest you that. Please read comments below of the post. Some good seller shared their experience in comment and they provided very nice information that also very good.

1 Like