What are your experiences after achieveing Level 1 Seller position?

gourav1207

Hi Gourav, congratulations for meeting the Level 1 requirements. 🙂

Two months ago I reached Level 1, and I was super excited as well.

In terms of my experience, I can tell you that I’ve seen an improvement in customer quality. When I first entered the freelance market, I was contacted mainly (not always, but in many cases) by customers who were looking for cheap prices and fast turnarounds.

Since I’ve been Level 1 I’ve noticed an improvement in communication. Buyers tend to spend more time articulating their needs, and are usually nicer. Of course, this is a generalisation, but still.

If I could give you a piece of advice, I would say wait a few weeks before raising your prices. I made the mistake to rise my prices as soon as I reached the Level, and this didn’t allow me to quantify the sales increase. I suppose a better approach would be to keep the same prices for a little while, and see what happens.

hey, congratulations for the achievements. on my case, since i reached level one like two months ago, I have noticed a dramatic change to how i used to get orders. it has been a month since I got new order but hopefully i will get one soon. Do not alter your prices as it will affect your gigs.

hey, congratulations for the achievements. on my case, since i reached level one like two months ago, I have noticed a dramatic change to how i used to get orders. it has been a month since I got new order but hopefully i will get one soon. Do not alter your prices as it will affect your gigs.

I have the impression that the transition to Level 1 is not as profitable in terms of sales volume as it is the transition to Level 2. I may be wrong (as I said, it could simply be that I raised my prices too early and that has negatively affected my orders).

But I feel that many buyers go either for New sellers or Level 2 sellers.

Especially when filter search results. I imagine some of them simply select “New sellers” when they’re looking for rock-bottom prices, while some others select “Level 2” or “Top rated sellers” when they need a reliable result and don’t want to take a chance.

I have the impression that the transition to Level 1 is not as profitable in terms of sales volume as it is the transition to Level 2. I may be wrong (as I said, it could simply be that I raised my prices too early and that has negatively affected my orders).

But I feel that many buyers go either for New sellers or Level 2 sellers.

Especially when filter search results. I imagine some of them simply select “New sellers” when they’re looking for rock-bottom prices, while some others select “Level 2” or “Top rated sellers” when they need a reliable result and don’t want to take a chance.

@giulia_ft Thanks for your valuable advice and for sharing your experience with me. I am sure this is gonna help me. I will keep this in my mind.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived