What Are Your Sources Of Income Besides Freelancing On Fiverr?

wordpress_whiz

Awesome.I am in Fiverr last one year.I only freelance work in Fiverr.At present time I have no other income source.But I am trying to build up my skill and will try to do something like you.

You’re on the right path when you said that you will acquire more skills before you start creating you own WordPress themes… You need to focus your learning on PHP ; HTML/CSS and JavaScript before you start creating WordPress theme like I do…

Looking at my sales for 2017, my income streams break down as follows (with percentage of income from each area):

1. Marketing agency (software, security, technology topics): 25%
  2. Marketing agency (business formation and management topics): 18%
  3. Fiverr (mainly business, finance, and tech topics): 17%
  4. Private client (payment processing and software reviews): 6%
  5. Private client (currency exchange and guides): 6%
  6. Private client (currency exchange and reviews): 4%
  7. Around 20 other clients: 24%

Looking at my sales for 2017, my income streams break down as follows (with percentage of income from each area):

1. Marketing agency (software, security, technology topics): 25%
  2. Marketing agency (business formation and management topics): 18%
  3. Fiverr (mainly business, finance, and tech topics): 17%
  4. Private client (payment processing and software reviews): 6%
  5. Private client (currency exchange and guides): 6%
  6. Private client (currency exchange and reviews): 4%
  7. Around 20 other clients: 24%

paulmaplesden

I love how you diversified your income because that’s the best thing to do to attain financial independence and stability …

I have been around fiverr for a long time, but only started selling in the last few months.

I am using fiverr to validate some methods I have taught others.

I have marketing clients that I make about half of my money from and have systematized those methods into a SaaS model. I make the other half consulting/training business owners on sales and marketing, as well as solving problems for them. Most of the second method we are building into more of a course style method, I hate trading time for money.

I have been around fiverr for a long time, but only started selling in the last few months.

I am using fiverr to validate some methods I have taught others.

I have marketing clients that I make about half of my money from and have systematized those methods into a SaaS model. I make the other half consulting/training business owners on sales and marketing, as well as solving problems for them. Most of the second method we are building into more of a course style method, I hate trading time for money.

think_big

You’re absolutely right freelancing on fiverr is trading time for money…No one likes trading time for money because its not a reliable source of income…

Where as your Software as a service(SaaS) would be a great source of residual income for you and will help you generate money while you sleep

think_big

You’re absolutely right freelancing on fiverr is trading time for money…No one likes trading time for money because its not a reliable source of income…

Where as your Software as a service(SaaS) would be a great source of residual income for you and will help you generate money while you sleep

Thanks for sharing.

Basically, all ‘traditional’ ways of earning money are based on the trade time for money principle.

Only when you find ways to create a passive income, like with Saas, or a popular website with Ads, or why not even investing in stocks, you can start enjoying an income without having to trade time for it.

Time is the one and only scarce resource we have. And I think that’s the beauty of being independent/freelancer. There is absolutely no difference between doing digital Gigs on Fiverr or being a self-employed plumber; you find your customers and do the work they pay you for in the shortest time you can. Time=money, literally. If I had more time, I could deliver more orders per day/week/month. But I don’t. So the only way for me to increase is to get better in what I do so I can increase my price.

Having a (partial) passive income should be the no1 priority for all freelancers IMHO

Thanks for sharing.

Basically, all ‘traditional’ ways of earning money are based on the trade time for money principle.

Only when you find ways to create a passive income, like with Saas, or a popular website with Ads, or why not even investing in stocks, you can start enjoying an income without having to trade time for it.

Time is the one and only scarce resource we have. And I think that’s the beauty of being independent/freelancer. There is absolutely no difference between doing digital Gigs on Fiverr or being a self-employed plumber; you find your customers and do the work they pay you for in the shortest time you can. Time=money, literally. If I had more time, I could deliver more orders per day/week/month. But I don’t. So the only way for me to increase is to get better in what I do so I can increase my price.

Having a (partial) passive income should be the no1 priority for all freelancers IMHO

sjorscrusius

You nailed it because the income one generates on fiverr fluctuates from time to time…Freelancers on fiverr always experience what we call feast or famine…So generating multiple streams of income would create stability for freelancers on fiverr…

I create WordPress themes and sell them on WordPress themes marketplaces and on my own WordPress Theme site. I have made a lot of money selling my own WordPress themes online

What are your alternate sources of income?

What are your alternate sources of income?

Alas, I cannot tell you, lest I add undue competition to what I do. 😉

Apart from Fiverr…

I make cupcakes… 🍰

And I help out a few local clients with video editing, 3d modeling & autocad drafting…

(working on my wordpress blog…and start on my writing…)

sanda5

That’s really good that you sell cupcakes and help local clients while freelancing on fiverr…

You have also made a smart move by starting a WordPress blog because you would generate passive income whenever you place advertisements on your blog…

You can use the money you generate from blogging, selling cupcakes and helping local clients to travel around the world or for emergency purposes…

Archived