What can be done about incomplete orders?

I have been selling on Fiverr for a couple months now, and since the volume of my sales has gone up I am seeing a lot more incomplete gigs sitting in my “active” box. Some have been there for weeks. I have tried following up with these buyers several times, but I can’t seem to get some of them to respond. What can be done about these incomplete orders? Do they eventually auto-complete? Can customer support help with this problem?

I’m sure some of you have had this same experience/frustration.

Thanks in advance Fiverr friends!

I used to request that Customer Support cancel these types of orders…never again. I had an order from Feb that never was activated and I let it sit in limbo. A month later the buyer submitted their data and purchased the $100 Extra. They can sit in limbo forever from now on. Good luck with your gigs.

I’ve had one sitting in my queue for several months now. They are active, just wont respond to my messages. Customer support didnt do anything about it :frowning:

Thanks for your responses. A part of my dilemma is that some of my incomplete orders are portions of payment for projects that have already been completed. For instance, I do voiceovers and I charge by word count. Many people purchase 1 gig, but have way more word than I specify 1 gig will cover. So, I request that they return and purchase enough gigs to cover the full count. Even with the additional purchase(s) showing “incomplete” I have to deliver the final work within the time frame. So, I have half a dozen gigs that work has been completed for, but I can’t get my money from.

I wish there was a way for us to bypass the requirement for the initial response manually. It’s really only for our benefit as sellers anyway.

Reply to @madmoo: That’s actually a really good idea. I was thinking of something totally different. Maybe a function that would allow me to manually bypass the requirement for a response whenever I already have the info I need. Many people send me messages prior to ordering and then just assume that I have what I need based on the message, so they don’t respond after ordering.

It looks like you’ve been selling here on Fiverr for a while…How often to they release updates/mods to the seller dashboard?

Hi,

I suggest to just leave it there as it is. It won’t hurt you in any manner unless it gets activated.

It will hurt you IF you get it canceled by the customer support. This is because any cancellation might affect ratings. So since it doesn’t hurt for it to stay there being “incomplete”, just leave it there as it is.

Don’t fix what’s not broken.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: That’s good advice, and I’ve tried to follow it. However, isn’t it worse to deliver late? If you simply don’t begin, then the other gig they did respond to will be late.

In every case, I have waited until the last minute to submit the work, hoping that they would respond to the other gig as I had instructed them.

I’ve never delivered late. How does that work?

Thanks for your feedback!

Reply to @madmoo: That’s actually a really good idea. I was thinking of something totally different. Maybe a function that would allow me to manually bypass the requirement for a response whenever I already have the info I need. Many people send me messages prior to ordering and then just assume that I have what I need based on the message, so they don’t respond after ordering.

It looks like you’ve been selling here on Fiverr for a while…How often to they release updates/mods to the seller dashboard?

Hi,

I suggest to just leave it there as it is. It won’t hurt you in any manner unless it gets activated.

It will hurt you IF you get it canceled by the customer support. This is because any cancellation might affect ratings. So since it doesn’t hurt for it to stay there being “incomplete”, just leave it there as it is.

Don’t fix what’s not broken.

Reply to @oldbittygrandma: That’s good advice, and I’ve tried to follow it. However, isn’t it worse to deliver late? If you simply don’t begin, then the other gig they did respond to will be late.

In every case, I have waited until the last minute to submit the work, hoping that they would respond to the other gig as I had instructed them.

I’ve never delivered late. How does that work?

Thanks for your feedback!