What can I do to get my first order?

garremma

Hi! Unfortunately the voice over market on fiverr is overly saturated…and there is much more supply then there is demand. The gig you offer sounds great but you need to optimise it to further increase your chance of having sales. What I mean:

• “I will provide a voice over”- This is too generic, and there’s too much competition to compete with. So what you need to do is establish a niche you’d like to offer your services in (for example,“I will provide a voice over for a children audio book” , that will reduce the competition and increase your chances of getting orders.

• Make/get someone to make a professional gig thumbnail, this is essential so that buyers click on your gig

• Optimize your description so its more appealing to the buyer.

Hope this helped you, if you have any questions feel free to ask 🙂

For Getting Order on Fiverr, you can try these

Stay Active on Fiverr
Sent Buyer Request regularly in the proper way, not copy paste template.
Create attractive thumbnails for your gig,
Proper Description of your services.
Share your gig on the social media platform

Good Luck.

Unfortunately the voice over market on fiverr is overly saturated

Yes it is and no it isn’t; there’s loads of sellers, but how many are worth buying from?

The standards here for VO range from “are you kidding me, please tell me this is a joke” all the way through to “no way, you’re amazing, how much, you should be charging way more for talent like that”. There’s even “I’m sure I just heard you on telly” voices here so yes it’s competitive, but take away the low entry players and it’s a healthy competitive.

Filter out the echos, the reverb, the pops, the brand new “I just bought a $6 mic from Wish” wannabees, the sound of a/c on demos, the lack of mic technique, and sadly in many cases, general not fit for use quality, and you’ve eliminated many, then split it by male or female and the gap gets narrower still, then focus on the niche like IVR or documentary narration, and country specific searches and the list of options is closer to few, than it is to many.

My personal thoughts on why that voice gig isn’t selling can be heard before a word is spoken.

@garremma The hum on the first two clips is surely killing any chance of sales? The third and fourth clips are much cleaner audio so I’d lead with those two, dump the ones with background noise and see how it goes from there.

You’re in the game of selling quality audio. Your demos should be quality audio. If I were a buyer the background noise would make me think “no” and hit the back button. I’m not even on good headphones and it’s clear.

“Professional studio equipment”, like what?

You’re a voice over: where’s the microphone mugshot? I thought they were required by some internationally agreed cliches?

There’s an abundance of reasons it’s not getting traction, just study the forums for a day or two to learn some of the tips people are giving out. The advice from @heyfellow1 is solid and there are thousands of tips here on the forum for writing gigs that convert.

I think you hit the publish gig button too early, didn’t research the gigs that are selling enough, or the ones which aren’t as being able to figure out that difference would make all the difference.

Thank you for the productive feedback! I appreciate it and will definitely make changes. I have good equipment, (I did quite a bit of research on that) just was not great with how to edit on the first ones I recorded so I will remove them. Also, fiverr is a bit confusing for me, I am working on navigating it but just starting out it is taking a minute. Input from users like yourself is sooooo helpful and appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Hi! Unfortunately the voice over market on fiverr is overly saturated…and there is much more supply then there is demand. The gig you offer sounds great but you need to optimise it to further increase your chance of having sales. What I mean:

• “I will provide a voice over”- This is too generic, and there’s too much competition to compete with. So what you need to do is establish a niche you’d like to offer your services in (for example,“I will provide a voice over for a children audio book” , that will reduce the competition and increase your chances of getting orders.

• Make/get someone to make a professional gig thumbnail, this is essential so that buyers click on your gig

• Optimize your description so its more appealing to the buyer.

Hope this helped you, if you have any questions feel free to ask 🙂

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions!

Archived