What can you buy with one gig in your country? (Around The Globe Discussion)

gig_freak

Interesting topic, that I would like to hear different stories from sellers/buyers around the world. Where do you come from?What can be done with $5 in your country?

In Macedonia, you can go to a pub and drink 2-3 beers. You can have a “nice” dinner at a restaurant that is not too pricey. You can buy a few groceries for the day. But it’s not enough money, definitely to spend the day with.

Note: I live in the capitol city, so it’s a bit pricier than the other cities. Usually in the smaller cities you can do a lot more for $5.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could take the bus to the nearest town and back. I could get 5 quick coffees or a couple mini cakes in the town (village really) I live at. At where I’m from (I live in a different country now) I could go and happy a meal…
At McDonald’s 😃 or go to the capital from my town.

The square root of Sweet FA outside of some cheaper drinks (non-alcoholic) and cheap food. Outside of that, idk, maybe some junk from a Chinese discount outlet store?

Greece has stupidly high taxes for stupid reasons, so those need to be added onto the pittance…

On 3/28/2017 at 12:15 PM, emmaki said:

The square root of Sweet FA outside of some cheaper drinks (non-alcoholic) and cheap food. Outside of that, idk, maybe some junk from a Chinese discount outlet store?

Greece has stupidly high taxes for stupid reasons, so those need to be added onto the pittance…

Greece… I was in Thessaloniki two weeks ago, it’s really expensive. I feel you. : )

On 3/28/2017 at 12:16 PM, katakatica said:

I could take the bus to the nearest town and back. I could get 5 quick coffees or a couple mini cakes in the town (village really) I live at. At where I’m from (I live in a different country now) I could go and happy a meal…

At McDonald’s 😃 or go to the capital from my town.

Where are you from? You haven’t mentioned.

For the $4 from one gig: two small bottles of water. Or a couple of small hamburgers at McDonalds. A bottle of katsup and of mustard in the grocery store, or a half gallon of non organic milk. 12 non organic eggs.
1.5 gallons of gasoline (petrol).

I buy organic milk and eggs to avoid the chemicals and pharmaceuticals in those products and they cost twice as much as regular non organic ones.

For the $4 from one gig: two small bottles of water. Or a couple of small hamburgers at McDonalds. A bottle of katsup and of mustard in the grocery store, or a half gallon of non organic milk. 12 non organic eggs.

1.5 gallons of gasoline (petrol).

I buy organic milk and eggs to avoid the chemicals and pharmaceuticals in those products and they cost twice as much as regular non organic ones.

out of curiosity @misscrystal , why organic? we are all going to die eventually.

🇺🇸 ~ Shop at a Dollar Tree or something! They sell everything $1 makeup, nail polish, snacks, pet supplies, household stuff, decorations, birthday cards, and other cool shit. The cards & mylar balloons are pretty nice!

62f7f37a9ba2d7bd5b3b391b5a5b2481da217e8f.jpg

omething! They sell everything $1 makeup, nail polish, snacks, pet supplies, household stuff, decorations, birthday cards, and other cool shit. The cards & mylar balloons are pretty nice!

Yeah… I used to live in Columbus Ohio… also BigLots was cheap.

out of curiosity @misscrystal , why organic? we are all going to die eventually.

This question was directed to Misscrystal but a lot of people prefer to buy organic here in the US since a lot of food items contain synthetic growth hormones and antibiotics which is not the standard in most European countries.

It’s just gross!

regular bananas last about 15 days.

organic bananas - I tried them, they started going bad 24 hours, and by 3 days, they were mostly bad.

Being sarcastic? LOL

I study agricultural economics, and we learn abou things like that. On organic bananas producers don’t put pesticides, plant hormones and similar, that’s why that happens.

Anyway, are you from some of the EX-YU countries?

This question was directed to Misscrystal but a lot of people prefer to buy organic here in the US since a lot of food items contain synthetic growth hormones and antibiotics which is not the standard in most European countries.

It’s just gross!

Everything that should be natural and healthy is contaminated with chemicals here. That includes beef and chicken. It makes me ill to eat such garbage.

Organic food is the growing industry in the US.

On 3/28/2017 at 12:33 PM, gig_freak said:

Being sarcastic? LOL

I study agricultural economics, and we learn abou things like that. On organic bananas producers don’t put pesticides, plant hormones and similar, that’s why that happens.

Anyway, are you from some of the EX-YU countries?

yes

Archived