What do people think of mixing and mastering services on Fiverr?

leecarso

Are there any reliable sources out there in terms of audio engineering and mastering services? I want to be able to help people get the best possible sound at an affordable price. Is 5 dollars too little for a true mix or mastering service? I use an SSL 4000, SSL bus compressor, CLA-2A, CLA-3A, CLA-76, Vintage Reverbs, Analog Equipment, HS80m studio monitors, Apogee Duet interface, a ton of other plug-ins etc. I like doing automation and riding the fader as well. By the time I am done I have mixed for about 7-10 hours per song and mastering varies. I would like to talk to some audio engineers about this.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

@leecarso

Hi, I am not an “audio engineer”, however I’m an award winning TV show host/producer and award winning Radio show host/producer and been in charge of many recording studio and live broadcast projects for decades.

How can anyone really do a full service, high quality, full blown mixing and mastering project for $5? I know I can’t.

In addition to voice over on Fiverr, I edit and sweeten podcasts and spoken word. People are stupefied when I tell them a 30 minute podcast with over 100 edits, tightening, EQ’ing, audio leveling etc could take 2 or 3 hours. What? It’s only 30 minutes!

When I was in charge of producing a regular 30 minute tv show, after 4 hours of taping, the editing and assembling the show could take another 4 or 5 hours. For a 30 minute show!

And as any experienced audio/video producer might agree, no project ever goes as easy or as simple as you might think.

I think I have a great ear and great skills for producing broadcast quality work, not too mention over 40 years of insight and knowledge. But if Buyers don’t care about that aspect of the production and don’t want to figure it into the equation, then I have to let them go and move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Thank you very much for your responses. I didn’t know that I had to check the actual forums to see if someone had written back, I thought Fiverr would notify me from the actual website. I apologize for this and hopefully you get around to reading my reply. Thank you MrBeat, I agree like most things, the more you do it the better you get. Voiceoverwork- I am very impressed with your resume, please let me know how I can help you out with your goals as an engineer and I am really on the path to finding a great mentor. I know the frustration of being an engineer and the dedication it takes while putting something quality together and people are constantly heckling.

Thank you!

Carson

• 2 years later...

Hi!
My name is Mario Escobar, a music producer and Audio Engineer…
I have 7 years approximately doing this, and there’s lot people doesn’t know anything about this Art!
Thats one of the most important reason people think $5 is enough for one this little jobs…

But I think theres a lot of jobs we can make by low payment.
On fiverr theres a lot of people asking for GIGs very easier, but there are very few people wants to do a fair payment.

I think we need to show people how hard its this! And then their going pay just fair!

Archived