What do you do if you start working on the order but buyer doesn't reply?

imadou

personally, i added a new policy to the description : “if i start working on the order and you don’t reply i will deliver and we can still work on it after that” i didn’t use it yet. what do you think ?

ps : i did this because of two sellers that i waited for after the deadline and they cancelled the order without contacting me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, one, delivering empty is against Fiverr’s TOS and you can, and most likely will, get in trouble for that.

Two, how long do you give for the buyers to reply? Many of them are probably working in different time zones, or on different schedules, and it could take some time (possibly around a day) before they are free to contact you.

On a side note, you should never let orders run past the deadline. At that point, they don’t have to contact you to cancel the order (I think Fiverr may automatically cancel a late order after a certain point, but I’m not sure). If the buyers don’t send you the requirements, then you should cancel the order before it gets to that point.

Reply to @maddisont: thanks for your comment.

in fact, i’m not delivering empty, i do what they requested and i send it to them for feedback. i waited for them for many days not hours, that’s why orders were late, in most cases buyers didn’t caused me problems, we were working for many days after deadline, but i had problems with some buyers that cancelled without contacting me, that caused me negative feedback (thanks God, CS removed it). With the new fiverr rating system i can’t allow that anymore.
So, it’s hard for me to cancel an order where i worked hard and sent it to buyer for review and then cancel it just because he’s not replying. (maybe they are just trying to get free work)

what’s the best solution according to you ?

this is one of my gigs where i mentioned that: fragglesrock

Reply to @misscrystal:

You know, it’s hard for me to cancel an order where i worked hard and sent it to buyer for review and then cancel it just because he’s not replying (maybe they are just trying to get free work)

what’s the best solution according to you ?

this is one of my gigs where i mentioned that fragglesrock

Reply to @imadou: Well, if you did what they requested, then I would deliver it. You fulfilled your end of the bargain, so there’s no reason to wait around to make sure they like what you send them. Just send it, that way your orders don’t run late. If, for some reason, they don’t like the work, then they can request a modification. And depending on what needs to be modified (if anything at all), you can take it from there.

If they request a modification, you can still mutually cancel, but that is not the first thing I would do. If they want a modification because you made an error, then I would fix it. You won’t necessarily get a bad review, and many buyers will appreciate the time you took to fix it.

If they want a modification because they want something else added (something that was never discussed in the original conversation or requirements), then you can just deliver the same work again, and send a Custom Offer for the additional work. If they don’t accept it, well, you can still mutually cancel if the buyer continues to be difficult.

No one likes to cancel an order they’ve put time and effort in to, but it’s going to happen, eventually. There’s no getting around it. Just be on the lookout for warning signs to avoid these kind of buyers.

Reply to @maddisont: Thank you for your precious advices. i will do as you said. the only problem with buyers is that not all of them understands the ToS, maybe they haven’t read it at all. i had a bad experience when i was level 1 with a level 2 seller who didn’t knew that cancelling when the order is late would give me an automatic bad review.

if all buyers understands the ToS everything would be okay.

When I get an order and I complete it I deliver it that way they have 3 days to respond with a modification request if they don’t reply after the 3 day period then it automatically gets signed as complete that way u don’t run into a late project just deliver your completed work then it’s on them to get back to you

Infact, it is so painful when a buyer just orders your gig without prior communication and also marks complete and rates negative without any communication to you or even asks for modification after delivering the requested service. Some buyers are just out there to spoil one’s work, watch out for them. I think good communication is the best tool to enjoy excellent services on fiverr

I my self had this issue several times, being gentle and polite is not enough for them to understand that they need to read the description first before hitting the order button, sometimes they say it was by accident, how could it be by accident going to your profile and then choose a gig and click on the BIG GREEN BUTTON that says ORDER NOW, that’s bad for us the sellers.

That’s not the only problem, as many of you have posted in this subject, the really annoying thing is when you do a hard work for a client even if he doesn’t provide enough information or in my case files and data, and then he requests modifications for about two times minimum, and then he cancels the order and simply says it will not work for me. i can even send you proofs that some of them are joking. My 3D imaging is very accurate even if the buyer doesn’t provide much to start, BUT i deliver even more than he asked because i love what i do and i don’t want my portfolio to look bad.

I am happy to see a discussion on this topic, when I first joined fiverr a buyer did not respond to my notice that I could not access the file they sent me and the deadline passed and my work was canceled. At the time I did not know about the mutual cancelation policy or I would have used it before the time ran out.

• Don’t you think that it should be a policy that protects the sellers delivered job !
    • Don’t you think that the cancellation must be in an other way, where the seller can give his word about it, so other sellers can have an idea of what seller they’re dealing with !
    • Don’t you think that as the sellers, the buyers must have the rating and the sellers feedback on there profile wall !

I know this last thought i put was available, but why it is no longer available … but as the buyer, i don’t want to waste my time in making an order that it will be canceled after many deliveries, i guess that if i can know the history of the buyer i’ll have the choice to take his order or not, because accepting orders will affect the rating in a good way or the bad way.

Hi everyone, I was reading the problems with buyers. Buyers who do not fully read the description of what you are offering and then makeing demands for additional work have come up with me. Here is a question, I design video I delivered a video on time, I am always polite and ask for a good feedback. Many customers don’t bother, that is point number one. I had a customer I delivered a video to on time. Then two months later without any word of discontentment hit me with a negative rating bringing my 100% rating down to 97% this was a few months ago and I wrote back and asked why, they did not respond to me before, during or after the order.

Can I ask to have this removed under the circumstances? There really wasn’t any reason for it.
In addition it seems to me that the buyer has many more rights then the seller. We live in fear of a negative feedback. I also believe there should be some way or warning other good sellers that some buyers are trying to take advantage. Thanks

Reply to @webworks227: i guess that it is like a modern slavery, we have to work hard, and be polite, and even accept the meaningful discussion of some clients, and if you’re lucky he will accept the delivery and get you a positive rating, i’m talking about the minority of some fiverr buyers, that do not understand that fiverr is offering the cheapest services they can find with the professional quality and they’re not appreciating it !!

Reply to @usnass: the 3rd one is absolutely a necessity ! what is the benefit to rate your buyer when this rating is not showing in his profile ? we should tell this to the Customer Support.

you can protect your work with a watermark, untill client is satisfied and put a nice review and then you send him the work

Archived