What do you do to take a break from freelancing? (HOBBIES discussion)

gig_freak

This week there were a couple of threads about managing your anger towards customers, how to stay calm, about vacation mode and similar. Guys, what do you do in order to take a break from working?

Usually, I ride my bicycle for 20-30KM a day (that’s around 15 miles), sometimes I play basketball or I enjoy my late night walks. And there are some days where I don’t even turn on my PC and I read books for the entire day

It’s intersting to share which is the hobby or the things that you do that make you forget for your work at least for a couple of hours. 🙂

I go to the gym at least 5 times per week to de-stress. I also commit to taking at least one day per week (not always possible). I think it’s super important to unwind – just because you’re not working a 9-5, it doesn’t mean you don’t need a break. 🙂

Definitely. I think that in some cases freelancing is a lot tougher than a regular job. I used to go to the gym one year ago but I didn’t like it I don’t like to exercise in a closed area . 😛

Definitely. I think that in some cases freelancing is a lot tougher than a regular job. I used to go to the gym one year ago but I didn’t like it I don’t like to exercise in a closed area . 😛

I think freelancing is infinitely more difficult than a typical 9-5, but at the same time, it’s infinitely more rewarding. I guess it’s down to how much you want to sacrifice to gain the benefits.

Guest jenihiggs

Exercise is a great way to relieve stress. I do yoga and barre myself. I live in Boston, so I literally can’t go anywhere without passing a yoga studio 😛

Well, either I have a deja-vu, or this was indeed discussed a while ago 😃

If I remember well, the last time I wrote saying that my hobbies include drawing/painting, feeling those pencils & erasers in my hand, the rough texture of the paper, the smell of wood from the pencils… or I keep learning something, like playing the piano (still learning), watching more drawing tuts/courses…

Oh, yeah, and I remember I also said that I love watching TV shows, and I’ve watched a lot, then someone in that older thread dared me to make a list, my list was long, but not as long as his.

– note to self: enough, man, we got the idea! chill!

Exercise is a great way to relieve stress. I do yoga and barre myself. I live in Boston, so I literally can’t go anywhere without passing a yoga studio 😛

Yoga is nice. I was thinking about taking yoga classes as yoga is the most relaxing thing you could do.

@woofy31 - We had a discussion on what did you do when you are bored. This is about what do you do in order to take a break from freelancing. Although it might be pretty similar subject. EDIT: As long as you can play with words don’t chill man! 😃

While the idea of yoga is appealing, I live my life at 6,000 mph, so the thought of doing something so slowly doesn’t sit well with me. 😦

Yoga is nice. I was thinking about taking yoga classes as yoga is the most relaxing thing you could do.

@woofy31 - We had a discussion on what did you do when you are bored. This is about what do you do in order to take a break from freelancing. Although it might be pretty similar subject. EDIT: As long as you can play with words don’t chill man! 😃

This is about what do you do in order to take a break from freelancing.

Oh, well, I do the same 😃 #superficial_guy

Guest jenihiggs

While the idea of yoga is appealing, I live my life at 6,000 mph, so the thought of doing something so slowly doesn’t sit well with me. 😦

Well, everyone is different. I would say that’s the whole point of yoga though. It reminds you to slow down, since most of us live such fast-paced lives. But that’s my perspective, everyone has their own way to chill out and unwind 🙂

Guest jenihiggs

@woofy31 - We had a discussion on what did you do when you are bored. This is about what do you do in order to take a break from freelancing. Although it might be pretty similar subject. EDIT: As long as you can play with words don’t chill man! 😃 I don’t do any of that fancy contortionist yoga. I just do nice, slow-paced restorative. It feels so nice on my back! Child’s pose is my favorite way to stretch out my lower back. It feels incredible. Then downward dog and forward fold are great ways to stretch out the legs and hamstrings. That’s what I love most about yoga, how nice it feels on your body! 🙂

It is so relaxing! 🙂 I don’t do any of that fancy contortionist yoga. I just do nice, slow-paced restorative. It feels so nice on my back! Child’s pose is my favorite way to stretch out my lower back. It feels incredible. Then downward dog and forward fold are great ways to stretch out the legs and hamstrings. That’s what I love most about yoga, how nice it feels on your body! 🙂

Damn. You are making me feel bad because I haven’t joined a yoga class till now. 😛

Guest jenihiggs

Damn. You are making me feel bad because I haven’t joined a yoga class till now. 😛

You definitely don’t have to join a class to do yoga! 🙂 I’m kind of socially awkward, so I was self-conscious about going to a class with other people at first. There are a ton of youtube videos with yoga tutorials (yoga with Adrienne is my favorite) and there yoga videos on Itunes too.

You definitely don’t have to join a class to do yoga! 🙂 I’m kind of socially awkward, so I was self-conscious about going to a class with other people at first. There are a ton of youtube videos with yoga tutorials (yoga with Adrienne is my favorite) and there yoga videos on Itunes too.

If I send you shots from my room you’ll see that there is no place for yoga at all. 😛

Guest jenihiggs

If I send you shots from my room you’ll see that there is no place for yoga at all. 😛

Oh, that’s too bad 😦 Yoga is a hobby that needs a bit of room for space.

Archived