What do you do when having a bad day?

ronhi85

I have my favourite food and fashion blogs … occasionally go out for a walk or a coffee with a friend.

Although Glasgow is on lock down again … those young folks will insist on meeting their friends …

Although Glasgow is on lock down again

You live in Glasgow? One of my favourite cities. We were up there for a few days last year. It hammered it down with rain, but we still had a great time. We’ve done a few city breaks over the last few years, and the people in Glasgow were by far the friendliest we encountered.

• Like 5

As I get older, I must admit that bad days are usually the result of more serious things (and things out of my control) than they were when I was younger, so sometimes it can be difficult to know what to do.

But, I usually just try to stay busy. Otherwise, lifting weights usually also lifts your mood, so that is what I do. 🙂

• Like 11

As a freelancer, I often have bad days. Whenever that happens, I remind myself that at least I don’t have to deal with a mean supervisor. And then I watch Big Bang Theory. That always lifts my spirits.

How about you? What’s your coping strategy?

r. And then I watch Big Bang Theory. That always lifts my spirits.

That is a regular show in our house too!!!

• Like 6

Although Glasgow is on lock down again

You live in Glasgow? One of my favourite cities. We were up there for a few days last year. It hammered it down with rain, but we still had a great time. We’ve done a few city breaks over the last few years, and the people in Glasgow were by far the friendliest we encountered.

It hammered it down with rain

Lol! It often does. We had very good weather first couple of weeks in August - everyone was squinting at the sky, wondering what that light was … 😉

• Like 8

As a freelancer, I often have bad days. Whenever that happens, I remind myself that at least I don’t have to deal with a mean supervisor. And then I watch Big Bang Theory. That always lifts my spirits.

I produce music, as a side-hustle but also because I love doing it. Unless I’m too tired, that’s a good option for me. I love doing something creative with zero boundaries.

Playing the PlayStation is a bit of a guilty pleasure too. I don’t do online stuff (I can’t be doing with 14-year olds destroying me at online games) but tend to go for story-driven stuff like The Last Of Us etc…

• Like 11

I have my favourite food and fashion blogs … occasionally go out for a walk or a coffee with a friend.

Although Glasgow is on lock down again … those young folks will insist on meeting their friends …

I am in the US and for the first time in my life ever day is a circus and not in a good way.

Getting out in nature is the best medicine for (for me) a lockdown and a bad day.

• Like 8

I produce music, as a side-hustle but also because I love doing it. Unless I’m too tired, that’s a good option for me. I love doing something creative with zero boundaries.

Playing the PlayStation is a bit of a guilty pleasure too. I don’t do online stuff (I can’t be doing with 14-year olds destroying me at online games) but tend to go for story-driven stuff like The Last Of Us etc…

Oh, yeah, tell me about those 14-year olds. As gaming has become more popular, they just keep getting better and better. And they can be dang mean, too. I used to be a very big (and quite infamous) troll in Denmark when I was younger, but even I think that they are becoming a tad too ‘toxic’ for lack of a better word. I don’t really want to use my days listening to someone screeching at me.

I will stick to my Bioware games. It is pretty much all I play anymore.

• Like 8

Whenever that happens, I remind myself that at least I don’t have to deal with a mean supervisor.

This is an interesting point… I’m lucky, I’ve never had a mean boss, but I totally get how draining it must be to those who do.

I remind myself of the freedom I have as a freelancer, in terms of my hours and how I choose to use my time. The idea of being told “you must be at your desk by 9am” seems so alien to me now, I can’t see it as being anything other than silly. My bad days tend to be when I’m beating myself up for not having ‘done’ enough that month (not enough orders, not enough money etc).

I find that taking a moment to really appreciate the massive benefit of being a freelancer, in terms of being able to decide how and when I work, really does help.

• Like 6

Whenever that happens, I remind myself that at least I don’t have to deal with a mean supervisor.

This is an interesting point… I’m lucky, I’ve never had a mean boss, but I totally get how draining it must be to those who do.

I remind myself of the freedom I have as a freelancer, in terms of my hours and how I choose to use my time. The idea of being told “you must be at your desk by 9am” seems so alien to me now, I can’t see it as being anything other than silly. My bad days tend to be when I’m beating myself up for not having ‘done’ enough that month (not enough orders, not enough money etc).

I find that taking a moment to really appreciate the massive benefit of being a freelancer, in terms of being able to decide how and when I work, really does help.

I remind myself of the freedom I have as a freelancer,

I was up all night yesterday working because I want to free up some time early next week. I love the flexibility of freelancing. I can plan my hours as I please.

• Like 6

If it’s cold, have hot chocolate.
If it’s hot, a nice glass of crisp white wine. And cheese.

Enjoy a nice conversation with a good friend while having your munchies and drinks.
If your friend is too busy and not available, stay at home and watch a funny TV show.
Big Bang is a good one. I also like Home Improvement.

• Like 7

It depends on how bad was the day. Usually breathing exercises and meditation would do the job. But I also enjoy hand-drawing geometric figures or play video games with an immersive atmosphere and soundtrack (like “The Banner Saga”).

photo_2020-09-02_18-50-09.thumb.jpg.825c1d69f0548c314dbecc3d581fcd59.jpg
photo_2020-09-02_18-50-091280×853 211 KB

Lockdown’s result

• Like 7

Trees are the best to lift my spirits. If there’s enough time, a forest, if not, the close park will do. And squirrel watching, or squirrels observing me observing them, makes me always smile, if I want to or not.

1457415453_Eichhrnchen.thumb.jpg.d20ae33637d3168291d9ade1083c0962.jpg
Eichhörnchen1411×1759 892 KB
  • Like 9

ice cream…lots and lots of icecream

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello everyone! Today was not a good day for me. I woke up feeling low and worried about my career choices.

The condition was getting worse than ever, therefore the company I worked for lately laid off the staff.

As of right now, I just rely on the Fiverr platform, which is unpredictable.

I've been second-guessing my decisions and feeling unsure of myself.

I'm not sure if I'm making the right choices and it's causing me a lot of stress and anxiety.

I just can't shake the feeling that I'm not good enough or that I'm not on the right path. How do you guys cope when feeling low?

Edited by maheennadeem814
  • Like 12
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 2