What do you do when sales are low?

signature19

Here’s a simple thing I used to do when sales are low. I would just provide my services at a lower price than usual.

This used to work pretty well until now. But not now I’m afraid.

December was bit good. January not well. I thought things would get better in February but didn’t turn out so.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you about what you do when your sales are low.

I hope the fiverr wizards here would share something.

Reply to @signature19: I don’t think most people will tell you their secret sauce. Closely guarded marketing techniques to increase business are probably guarded by the best sellers. They aren’t going to come out and openly share a tip that drives business to their page because then everyone would do it.

Best advice I can give is to be here. Make it known you’re a professional and provide solid customer service. The difference between a good gig and a bad one is what you do AFTER you have someone’s money.

Guest majbahul

you can use social media for marketing …

can add some new gigs …

and also can change your service title, categories, and tags …

i hope you can get advantages …

i follow this B-)

Social media for marketing purposes is a good idea, since you’ll see that people are on their Facebooks/Google+'s/Twitters regardless of season, holidays, etc., but the trick isn’t to sell. You start talking money and sales, and people shun you faster than a Jehova’s Witness in the Red Light District. Social media is about being social - create fun or interesting content that people will enjoy reading and sharing, participate in conversations for the sake of conversation, and the social media angle will pay off. But start spamming links to buy your gig and you’ll make negative progress.

Gig offers are static, meaning they remain still while everything around you changes. The number of people in your category, the offers they make, etc. Constantly evaluate your competition so you will be relevant in the market. During my 14 months, I’ve tried new gigs. Some didn’t perform like I wanted them to and I stopped them, others became jewels that were not even on my radar 60 days earlier. To me, that is what has made it fun. For me it has taken about 100 jobs on a new gig, just to figure out how I want to work that gig (descriptions, video intro, etc).

I have been in business for 20 years before I started on fiverr, but my first gig on fiverr was a new skill for me. I picked it because I saw there was a great need for that product on Fiverr.

Think products, not skills. Determine what products people are looking for and see enough value in that they are willing to spend money. If they need a new one each week, that is even better. Repeat business.

Good Luck. Was that too much Secret Sauce?

There are a couple things you can do to increase sales. One, is be MORE specific.

Counter-intuitive, I know. But the more specific you are, the better you connect. Let me illustrate: “Buy my services - I’ll do anything for anybody.” Or " I work for employed professionals in mid career changes." Pick your target customer and speak to that one person. Your response will be higher than " I just want green money and I’ll suck up to anybody who has some."

A second change is to add on a value added service for free that is a step above the competition. Never lower the price of your service below the competition. Add value instead.

Third, try bundling valuable services and triple your price. There are luxury buyers who want it all and will avoid the cheap low priced provider.

@signature19 I looked at your gigs. You have many nice gigs, all very specialized for web development. Those should certainly be in demand. Just to point out the first one, “Fix HTML and CSS errors.” Well, most people don’t know what the hell that is. If they did, they would not need you, right? So maybe a title that talks more to people’s level. Like what does a CSS errror most usually involve? Is that where someone’s menu bar flips out on rollover, or the whole page has dropped its graphics and is just a bunch of blue links now, what? Put it in human terms, like “I will fix any broken website.” Then maybe, you won’t need so many gigs, just one. Then, I would go with one good graphic. I have to be honest, I don’t like your graphics, and I don’t like your fonts. They don’t reflect your skill level. Put a screenshot of a killer website. That’s it, one and done. Lastly, put all the skills keywords in one description. Pick your 5 best human tags, such as “fix website.” Then, when someone inquires, go take a look at their website and send them a quote immediately. They don’t need to know if it is the CSS or the HTML or the FBI; just tell them how much to fix it and how long. Hope I was not too blunt. Thank you.

Something that (sometimes) works to drive sales is to adjust your delivery time. When things are crazy busy, I add a day or two to my expected delivery time. That way potential clients have a realistic expectation of delivery, I’m not overwhelmed, and things go smoothly. When things slow down, I shorten the delivery time again.

Marketing. Marketing and marketing. That will get you some boost, and with each order your ratings increase, giving more visibility in fiverr search.

If you don’t yet have one, create a website for your gigs, like a blog. Post greater details and reviews of your gigs and have links leading back to fiverr. Then rank that site good in google and other search engines with SEO. Will take a long time, but you’ll love the results in the end. You can also purchase traffic to the blog to not only increase it’s rankings further, but also possibly make instant sales. I don’t think it’s allowed to do so for your gig directly.

Reply to @webtelly: That was not at all blunt… 🙂 Its actually a gem that you’ve given me now. What you told clearly makes sense…When I create a Gig, I usually go a bit homework like what should be a gig name and how would people search the things but I think I clearly missed the ‘human thing’ point which you told. I’ll change it ASAP.

Thanks again 🙂

Reply to @kimproteanmom: Thank you for sharing. Like you told, it works ‘sometimes’… But most of the time it won’t be helpful because lets say a task would at least take 2 days to complete then there’s no way we can complete it in a day. It does work sometimes.

On the other hand, extending the delivery time when things are busy is a good idea. Thanks 🙂

good ideas everyone. In my own case i try and modify my gigs every few weeks, posting on social media has not really brought any results so i don’t bother posting on facebook etc.

Try and visit the buyer request section here on fiverr, look at jobs that you can do and send your offers, i get a few sales here. i guess this has worked well for me thus far.

I 'm looking at getting a blog to feature my gigs but i guess i’m just being lazy about it.

• 2 years later...

Social media for marketing purposes is a good idea, since you’ll see that people are on their Facebooks/Google+'s/Twitters regardless of season, holidays, etc., but the trick isn’t to sell. You start talking money and sales, and people shun you faster than a Jehova’s Witness in the Red Light District. Social media is about being social - create fun or interesting content that people will enjoy reading and sharing, participate in conversations for the sake of conversation, and the social media angle will pay off. But start spamming links to buy your gig and you’ll make negative progress.

Hi @jamesbulls. I know I’m bit late for the reply, bit too late actually… 😉

I came by to tell that the idea you shared works fine many times and others would like to try that too.

Gig offers are static, meaning they remain still while everything around you changes. The number of people in your category, the offers they make, etc. Constantly evaluate your competition so you will be relevant in the market. During my 14 months, I’ve tried new gigs. Some didn’t perform like I wanted them to and I stopped them, others became jewels that were not even on my radar 60 days earlier. To me, that is what has made it fun. For me it has taken about 100 jobs on a new gig, just to figure out how I want to work that gig (descriptions, video intro, etc).

I have been in business for 20 years before I started on fiverr, but my first gig on fiverr was a new skill for me. I picked it because I saw there was a great need for that product on Fiverr.

Think products, not skills. Determine what products people are looking for and see enough value in that they are willing to spend money. If they need a new one each week, that is even better. Repeat business.

Good Luck. Was that too much Secret Sauce?

Thank you @landongrace . Your tip did help me a few times. 🙂

There are a couple things you can do to increase sales. One, is be MORE specific.

Counter-intuitive, I know. But the more specific you are, the better you connect. Let me illustrate: “Buy my services - I’ll do anything for anybody.” Or " I work for employed professionals in mid career changes." Pick your target customer and speak to that one person. Your response will be higher than " I just want green money and I’ll suck up to anybody who has some."

A second change is to add on a value added service for free that is a step above the competition. Never lower the price of your service below the competition. Add value instead.

Third, try bundling valuable services and triple your price. There are luxury buyers who want it all and will avoid the cheap low priced provider.

This was really a gem of advise. Thanks for sharing it @chasmasterson 🙂

During sales low periods, I promote my gigs in Social Medias. I submit offers to suitable buyer requests. I go through my gig descriptions, titles and all to see if I can do any improvements. Also I don’t forget to utilize this time to do a research about my field to gather more knowledge & skills related to my job. I spend more time on forum. Ha ha if you see me more often in forum, that means I have very low sales. 😸

• 4 months later...

Replying kinda late but changing your gig titles and tags works. As well as reducing your prices. Beware too, that reducing your prices to ridiculous amounts that do not match your level e.g a level two seller, might chase potential customers away as they would wonder the quality of work you are going to deliver. Also, contact your previous buyers and remind them you are still at their service. Hope this works.

Archived