What Do You Love and Hate The Most About Fiverr?

acossidente

How about you start with yours? 🙂

I could, but it would quickly turn into a somewhat cringy rant about minimum wages, lack of policing, quality, quantity, control, and markets! The forum’s full to bursting with such posts!

I think I already said that in another thread: I see Fiverr as nothing more than a training track onto which one can hone their skills. It’s not a platform I’d actively use as a source for steady business, I believe - considering the current status of this environment - the fees we’re subjected to remain hard to justify, and I think management should step up their game if they want to remain relevant in the long run.

As far as liking is concerned… there’s very little. The forums are a great place to discuss current events and opinions. If you’d like, we could add how - albeit rarely - I’ve had the chance to work on some pretty interesting projects.

That’s pretty much all!

Best thing - If you are good at what you do here then you don’t have to complain about not getting work as buyers come to you considering you’re visible in search.

Worst thing - Buyers who come here after hearing that you can get anything and everything done for 5$, they don’t want to pay a penny more but want the world. (Might find similar people on other platforms as well but fortunately haven’t, so this is worst for me)

I’ll keep it short this time.

Best thing: it got me freedom (freedom from having a boss, freedom from having a fixed schedule, freedom of being close to loved ones and spending more time with them)

Worst thing: once in a while it shows me the darkest side of people 😢 (and yes, I’m referring to those buyers who abuse, threat, harass and swear/curse)

I could, but it would quickly turn into a somewhat cringy rant about minimum wages, lack of policing, quality, quantity, control, and markets! The forum’s full to bursting with such posts!

I think I already said that in another thread: I see Fiverr as nothing more than a training track onto which one can hone their skills. It’s not a platform I’d actively use as a source for steady business, I believe - considering the current status of this environment - the fees we’re subjected to remain hard to justify, and I think management should step up their game if they want to remain relevant in the long run.

As far as liking is concerned… there’s very little. The forums are a great place to discuss current events and opinions. If you’d like, we could add how - albeit rarely - I’ve had the chance to work on some pretty interesting projects.

That’s pretty much all!

Thanks. So since you have started it, I will do my turn now.

As an occasional buyer, I like 5r coz it´s easy to use and I like the forum. I don´t like 5r coz…well some minor problems I have had with some sellers. But I don´t lose sleep over that. So, no biggie. Now another thing I like about 5r is, I can choose any seller I want. I don´t have to stay with the ones that I think are not cooperative.

I was a seller for a bit in attempt to keep myself busy as a semi-retiree. At that time, as far as I can remember, I didn´t have anything that I didn´t like. But perhaps if I had stayed longer as a seller, I would find a lot of things to not like as I would most likely be dealing with problems on this platfrom that have been experienced by some sellers. I have always liked the forum then and now.

Edit: If I were a seller now, probably I would really hate all those bugs and glitches.

Strongly Dislike:

• The “Funny” auto messages which try to be down with the young folk but fail miserably.
    This is almost every auto message from the “Coffee and biscuits”, to “Nudge-Nudge”, “DISPUUUUTE”, "Oh no! There is a problem with your order!) etc. They are beyond unprofessional and I despise using them, having to put in a disclaimer of “Sorry about Fiverr’s unprofessional auto message of …, this is what I actually mean.
  • The bugs.

Like:

• The ability to get orders without bidding constantly like on other freelance sites.
  • The ability to set my own pricing so that I mostly only get inquiries from those who are willing to pay the correct rate.
  • The Forum

Strongly Dislike:

• The “Funny” auto messages which try to be down with the young folk but fail miserably.

This is almost every auto message from the “Coffee and biscuits”, to “Nudge-Nudge”, “DISPUUUUTE”, "Oh no! There is a problem with your order!) etc. They are beyond unprofessional and I despise using them, having to put in a disclaimer of “Sorry about Fiverr’s unprofessional auto message of …, this is what I actually mean.

• The bugs.

Like:

• The ability to get orders without bidding constantly like on other freelance sites.
  • The ability to set my own pricing so that I mostly only get inquiries from those who are willing to pay the correct rate.
  • The Forum

Like:

'nuff said. On other freelancing sites, you are like sales agent approaching clients but on Fiverr, you are businessman sitting cushy and see the customers rolling in. 😄

What I enjoy:

• I enjoy being my own boss.
  • Setting my own working hours.
  • The legendary forum.

**What I don't appreciate:**
  • Site bugs

**What about Coffee?**
  • Overall, I’d sacrifice my daily coffee to converse with other awesome forum members!

Overall, I’d sacrifice my daily coffee to converse with other awesome forum members!

Eh, sorry but no…

Love you all but need>love.

Best:

Saving 💵,

Finding fun & creative gigs to buy ❤️

Worst:

Crazy sellers who try to pass off stolen and/or plagiarized gigs 😏,

Gigs delivered past deadline 😠

Love: I love almost everything about Fiverr! Most of all they are organsied and I love the way their customer suport is very pro-active and respond and try and help you solve the issue.I even think their phone app is very useful to know that your buyer has written to you or vice versa.

Hate: is a very strong word. I would say what I would like Fiverr to do is when a buyer just gives you an order without checking with you and you may not even realise that you have to deliver - give the option to a seller to at least request for a delivery date of ones own choice. Rather than doing the work frantically in order to meet a target - that was not scheduled.

I would like fiverr to have a minimum rate for a certain kind of work - so that the rate doesn’t crash for a particular service. I do not know how one delivers quality articles of 500 words each in $1 - unless one is just outsourcing them and submitting crap to the buyers. SAD! I have seen buyers demanding such services and stating that they want 1000 word articles in $1 - heaven only knows what kind of quality they receive.

What I enjoy:

• I enjoy being my own boss.
  • Setting my own working hours.
  • The legendary forum.

**What I don't appreciate:**
  • Site bugs

**What about Coffee?**
  • Overall, I’d sacrifice my daily coffee to converse with other awesome forum members!

I sacrifice my sleep to go through Forum’s posts and their replies at times. 😃

😍 It’s a good place to fine tune your service before starting your own business.
😡 Buyer requests like these

image.png.6d5aa3ce10aa12a88c0e3712936e62bd.png
- Needs a serious, fast and experienced developer- Has to be implemented according to instructions (meaning unlimited revisions)- Details will be sent later which might include who knows what- Has to be delivered within 24 hours (express order)AND the kicker is - Budget $5

It’s hard to walk away from this awesome request 🙂

😍 It’s a good place to fine tune your service before starting your own business.

ec24e2b286e7120ca66a71d9441b811e46f27f86.png
- Needs a serious, fast and experienced developer- Has to be implemented according to instructions (meaning unlimited revisions)- Details will be sent later which might include who knows what- Has to be delivered within 24 hours (express order)AND the kicker is - Budget $5

…and must look amazing and professional, too (probably get rich the next day as well) 😏 Let me just grab my time travel kit, I hope 10 time-loop iterations will suffice for the job.

(I was thinking about making a thread specifically for us to show off some of the most outrageous buyer requests we’ve seen, but when I looked at the actual requests I realized how quickly I would get flagged and removed from the forum just for showing the requests that Fiverr itself shows to us 😃 )

Strongly Dislike:

• The bugs.

Like:

• The Forum

I think that from ‘Funny’ auto messages, Fiverr tries to sound like a newly created startup instead of a corporate company. 😃

ec24e2b286e7120ca66a71d9441b811e46f27f86.png

Should’ve seen the BR that I came across some time ago that stated they will only consider sellers who have professionally published articles on insert publication site and have a total of 10+ articles on said site. Low budget but want a lot of stuff written.

Like:

• no mandatory tests
  • you aren’t limited to a single selling category
  • you aren’t charged to work within additional categories
  • you don’t have to bid on jobs
  • you can hit the ground running
  • helpful community that can swap between being professional and fun
  • there isn’t a credits system (credits = amount of offers you’re permitted to submit a week/month)
  • you can set the price for your work/services
  • coherent blog posts that speaks to the audience and not down at them
  • Fiverrcast
  • no special invitations needed to work on the site (there’s a site with a feature similar to some freelance sites but you can only sign up to work if you were sent an invitation)

Dislike:

• the current state of Buyers Request
  • not being able to see Buyers’ ratings and reviews (really need details on whom I’m about to work with)
  • inconvenient glitches/bugs especially in regards to messages about orders (i.e. not receiving messages).
  • overly complex rating system

Archived