What do you think of my first gig?

ohbeclever

You only have 29 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Specific to your gig, please see (DES) point 1:

Introduction– This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation/education. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ‘Other Resources’ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, and…

There are also a bunch of useful links in the (RRD) section.

Hello, beautiful people!

I joined Fiverr yesterday so I’m a newbie. Would you check out my first gig (and the second one if you feel like) - https://www.fiverr.com/ohbeclever/do-all-kinds-of-photoshop-related-orders - and tell me everything that you think I should improve?

Thank you in advance!

Stay fabulous,

Alex

Welcome!

and tell me everything that you think I should improve?

To be honest, your gigs look way better than mine and I’ve spent a few months over here. Also, they look a lot better than most other sellers gigs in your field, so I don’t see a need to improve them for now, except for what @uk1000 already said. Maybe you can add a video if you feel like it.

Good luck!

Welcome!

and tell me everything that you think I should improve?

To be honest, your gigs look way better than mine and I’ve spent a few months over here. Also, they look a lot better than most other sellers gigs in your field, so I don’t see a need to improve them for now, except for what @uk1000 already said. Maybe you can add a video if you feel like it.

Good luck!

Thank you! Good luck to you too! By the way, would you mind telling me how long did it take for you to receive your first order?

You only have 29 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Specific to your gig, please see (DES) point 1:

Introduction– This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation/education. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ‘Other Resources’ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, and…

There are also a bunch of useful links in the (RRD) section.

Thank you a ton!! This is super helpful! Cheers!

Thank you! Good luck to you too! By the way, would you mind telling me how long did it take for you to receive your first order?

By the way, would you mind telling me how long did it take for you to receive your first order?

Less than a week. I don’t remember exactly tbh.

Hi! I took a look at your gig, I think as your gig is meant to be general (“all kinds of photoshop”) I would use the 3 photos to show 3 different skills you have with photoshop (Because right now, all your graphics show the same kind of an edit). Maybe you could use one for a an artistic edit (like the one you got), one for a natural portrait retouch and one for a landscape photo or background removal? It’s just a personal opinion from a buyer standpoint though I might be totally wrong 😉

I think as you are competing with so many photoshop gigs, you will have to research what people, who need photoshop are actually looking for (keyword research tool is useful), pick a niche (or one niche per gig even, for example: photoshop for real estate agents, where you improve photos of the houses) etc. Because this particular market is so saturated, you have to really think about narrowing the target market 🙂 Hope this helps!

Hi! I took a look at your gig, I think as your gig is meant to be general (“all kinds of photoshop”) I would use the 3 photos to show 3 different skills you have with photoshop (Because right now, all your graphics show the same kind of an edit). Maybe you could use one for a an artistic edit (like the one you got), one for a natural portrait retouch and one for a landscape photo or background removal? It’s just a personal opinion from a buyer standpoint though I might be totally wrong 😉

Hey,

Thank you for the suggestions! The edits are not the same, the color grading is similar. But I will totally incorporate your advice into the gig!

Regards x

Welcome! Your gig looks quite good. I’d like to point out two things:

1. I’d change the gig title (which means creating a new gig because of how the search SEO works). Why? Because while now you may not have any orders so 2 hours seems like a lot of time, but if you do become successful there’s no way to change your gig title without it affecting your placement in search results. If eventually, you have 5-10 orders and you advertise a 2 hour delivery and someone orders at night, no matter how good a job you do, it might still affect how they perceive the end result. I’m thanking past me for changing my main gig from saying 24 hours in the title to not mentioning time since it adds unnecessary stress.
  2. As a client, I’d like seeing text descriptions of what you can do to images/have done to the images you’ve edited. From a design perspective, I’d keep the image sizing consistent across the three images and like someone else mentioned-diversify what you’re doing (They’re all mystical/horror transformations right now, but your gig says any photo editing so I expect to see a range of work. Maybe retouching skin/typography, etc) For example: My gig says I’ll edit anything and I have a video that emphasizes on ‘anything’ by showing different stuff that I can do. Good luck!

Welcome! Your gig looks quite good. I’d like to point out two things:

1. I’d change the gig title (which means creating a new gig because of how the search SEO works). Why? Because while now you may not have any orders so 2 hours seems like a lot of time, but if you do become successful there’s no way to change your gig title without it affecting your placement in search results. If eventually, you have 5-10 orders and you advertise a 2 hour delivery and someone orders at night, no matter how good a job you do, it might still affect how they perceive the end result. I’m thanking past me for changing my main gig from saying 24 hours in the title to not mentioning time since it adds unnecessary stress.
  2. As a client, I’d like seeing text descriptions of what you can do to images/have done to the images you’ve edited. From a design perspective, I’d keep the image sizing consistent across the three images and like someone else mentioned-diversify what you’re doing (They’re all mystical/horror transformations right now, but your gig says any photo editing so I expect to see a range of work. Maybe retouching skin/typography, etc) For example: My gig says I’ll edit anything and I have a video that emphasizes on ‘anything’ by showing different stuff that I can do. Good luck!

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed response! I appreciate it! I know there’s so much room for improvement. I will incorporate your advice into my gigs. Wish you good luck to you too!

Regards,

Alex

Archived