What do you write your buyers after order completion?

inet01

I for myself say thank you for the Order and if they need revisions it is no problem, I want them to be satisfied.

Do you have any tips on crosselling or trying to sell more?

Do you ask for a tip or a review in this text?

Best Regards

Hi @inet01,

I think your current practice is the most appropriate. It lets them know that your services extend beyond the simple completion of the gig, and thanks them for their business.

I would STEER CLEAR of asking for a tip - with the new Fiverr structure, Buyers will see a Tip option pop up once they mark your order as complete. Solicitation for a tip from you is likely to seem pushy and sour an otherwise good relationship.

I have a similar opinion on your cross-selling idea. I think you’re on the right track to reach out to good Buyers and offer them other services, but your Gig Completion window isn’t the place to do it (in my opinion). Instead, I’d wait for them to leave a review, and once they do - assuming it’s a good one - I’d shoot them a message to their inbox offering whatever other services you’d like to share.

Those are my two cents, at least!

If you do a good job for $5, sometimes they will order again and pay $10 or $15 just to get more than what they got before. Of course, selling other other gigs to the same buyer depends on his needs. A business owner might need headlines, an e-mail blast, a radio commercial, a print ad, etc. Other clients only need one thing and they only hire you for that.

When I finished an order, I will write something like. “Thanks for your order! If you need anything else, please let me know.” I don’t mention revisions, remember that your words have influence, a buyer that sees the word revision might get an idea he didn’t have before.

The idea isn’t to trick your buyers, but to avoid getting hurt by your own initiative.

Offering a continous support after the work is delivered is crucial. Even if it’s only $5, I’m working at my laptop half of a day, so I can always fix something fastly if they ask. From this $5 there will be another $50 in the future.

This way they will always get back to you and happily refer to others.

I never ask for a tip neither waiters are doing it. It’s not professional for me. If you do a good job and over deliver it, you’ll get your tip 🙂

Best,

Tom

Hey dear…

It is up to you that what you are offering to the buyers. You will get used to it and will attract the buyers for new orders too. After completing the orders, ask the buyers about any problems in your work. This will be attracting part of your message and then ask the buyer to mark your order as completed and give you five stars review which are very crucial to get new orders. After this tell your buyers that you hope that we both get excellent experience and also ask them for more orders and for long term business together.

Guest sharpvoicing

Always be positive, even if your review is less than five stars. You can’t expect every single customer to be happy. I’ve had customers that have declined to give me ANY review and that actually hurts as you want them to be happy with their product.

Again though, remember, they are getting a service that would normally cost hundreds for five dollars, so you’ll find people have a ‘get what you pay for’ mentality. The customer knows they are getting a REALLY good deal. That’s why I tend to encourage my customers to buy my extras so they get everything they want. It’s all a balance here but never be negative, even if you have a challenging customer. You’ll find who you want to do business with and you’ll learn how to say no. Sometimes taking on a job beyond your scope/ability isn’t worth it.

Reply to @fastcopywriter: I kind of disagree with the Revision thing. I like to mention it because I have no problem with doing them. For the time now. I don’t know if business will be that good that I have limited time to offer revisions. 2ndly I think if I offer revisions in the first place the customer feels that I care and won’t give negative feedback as fast as without that offer. regards

Hi inet01,

It might be a little different for me since I send an actual item in the mail. Basically I reply with a light and heartfelt message about their painting and how I enjoyed painting them and also letting them know that they can let me know if anything is not to their liking. I also let them know that the painting will go in the mail that day and that they should receive it in 3-5 business days.

As far as getting possible more sales, for me that comes after the fact. I track all of my sales and the time it’s been since I shipped them. Once I know it should have arrived (5 days) I send them a message asking if they have received their painting in the mail and if it’s what they were hoping for. Of course I’ve gotten great feedback from this, but what I notice is that with this extra line of communication I get people interested in purchasing more in the future.

If they say they might be interested then I just follow up with them every couple of weeks to see how they’re doing and ask about something personal to them (I can ask specific questions based on what I know about them from their order such as; how’s your family, how’s the weather in Colorado, how’s your business coming along, etc.) That way I create a personal relationship with them.

These are just my thoughts! Hope they help!

Thanks,

~Gabrielle

Reply to @inet01: Look at it this way, suppose I pay you $65 to clean my home and you’re done in 2-hours. Then instead of letting you go, I make you spend 5, 10 hours more cleaning the home. So suddenly instead of making $32.50 an hour, you’re making $13 or $6.5 an hour. See what I mean? Sometimes the revision isn’t worth the time. Sometimes it’s more profitable to quit a bad job than to stay with it.

• 8 months later...

Ideally the best option can be offering 3 reviews only. As i have experienced, usually one comes up with the exact results on the third revision. Offering unlimited revisions makes buyer doubtful and they ask themselves- Revisions are available, Is there any room for improvement. As we all know the room for improvement does not have walls :), products can be improved infinitely. Don’t put your buyer into such a situation where he never gets satisfied with the product.

Archived