What does entrepreneurship mean to you?

gigas869

In your opinion, what does it mean to be an entrepreneur? Do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? What does it take in order to be an entrepreneur?

For me, being an entrepreneur is a way of life. It is seeing things (opportunities) in times and places where others typically wouldn’t - and not just staring at them, but actually making use of them. Of course, entrepreneur specifically relates to areas of business, but these same qualities can be seen in other people who may be involved in other areas of interest as well. It takes will, dedication, and creativity. Personally, I don’t think I can legitimately call myself an entrepreneur yet, but it’s a way of living I admire and want to integrate in my life.

So what do ye say, Fiverr? I’m curious to know what you all think.

• Like 9

In your opinion, what does it mean to be an entrepreneur? Do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? What does it take in order to be an entrepreneur?

For me, being an entrepreneur is a way of life. It is seeing things (opportunities) in times and places where others typically wouldn’t - and not just staring at them, but actually making use of them. Of course, entrepreneur specifically relates to areas of business, but these same qualities can be seen in other people who may be involved in other areas of interest as well. It takes will, dedication, and creativity. Personally, I don’t think I can legitimately call myself an entrepreneur yet, but it’s a way of living I admire and want to integrate in my life.

So what do ye say, Fiverr? I’m curious to know what you all think.

The actual definition of

entrepreneur

is

a person who sets up a business or businesses, taking on financial risks in the hope of profit.

But I do agree with you that is a way of life. A freelancer can be an entrepreneur or not, depending on the vision they take on approaching money making. If someone is only doing designs and that’s all, for example, I wouldn’t call that an entrepreneur. But if that person does designs while also developing his or her own websites and brands, I would call them an entrepreneur.

For me, I consider this word means my ultimate goal, to create my own brand as a personal coach and invest in other brands as well. A few years ago I had my own firm, but a business is no longer tied to offline. Anyway, I agree with you. Entrepreneurship is a state of mind. A business nowadays can simply mean a website from which you are selling your products or investing in stock market. Anyone that has a broader vision for themselves, beyond the “this is what I make, this is what I get paid for” thing, and is taking action in that direction, can say that they are entrepreneurs.

• Like 8

• 4 years later...