Fiverr Forum

What Gig Quantity is used for?

I am completely new to fiverr. I joined recently to purchase an art design gig, but noticed today that you can select ‘gig quantity’ under extras. My initial thought was that it meant I will receive more than one copy of the image, but that made no sense at all.

Before I continue making baseless assumptions I thought it best to ask.

Hello, welcome to Fiverr.

Think of the gigs you see as products on a shelf. If the person has the ability to sell multiples and extras, that means they have been around long enough to earn a few promotions here (which gives them the ability to offer those sorts of things).

The ‘quantity’ is just like picking up another ‘item’ from the shelf - so this can vary depending on what you are looking at.

If you bought something like a logo design or whatever, a 2nd gig would be a second design, not a second copy of the first one.

Hopefully that clarifies for you. Gig ‘Extras’ modify single orders, gig ‘Multiples’ are more than 1 of the same basic product.

Oh, alright, so it’s more variations on what you ordered, rather than copies of it. That’s brilliant, and explains my question perfectly.

Thank you very much for your response. It’s much appreciated.

I made the same mind blunder. Just as you thought, that didn’t make sense to me. Thanks to reading this, I now know what the quantity means.