Fiverr Forum

WHAT HAPPENED? My regular customer has turned on me

Hello all!

I have had a regular client since I joined Fiverr who is always a happy camper and easy to take care of. I always deliver to spec and on time, and always receive 5 star reviews.

Something changed with this most recent order though! I communicated like normal through the whole process. I delivered on time per usual, and included everything he asked for. He waited a day and then awarded me just 4 out of 5 stars! I know I should calm down and accept that 4 out of 5 stars is acceptable, but I am just so baffled as to what I did wrong. I asked him what the reason was and did not receive a response.

WHYYYYY? :(( :(( :((

Could be an accident/mistake. Could be he was having a bad day. Could be a Fiverr system f-up.

Wait and see if he gets back to you and stop crying, it’ll make your eyes puffy! :wink:

Reply to @itsyourthing: NO I WILL NOT STOP CRYING I AM A COMPLETE FAILURE :wink:

Sorry to hear that. Maybe your buyer will still respond, hope you did not do anything wrong to upset him/her. It might be just a mistake, don’t worry yet. I had a buyer once who did not give me a 5 stars his explanation was "sorry you did an awesome job but I am tired of giving everybody a 5 star rating " :-SS

Reply to @vainpaper: No man is a failure if he can disregard puffy eyes! :wink: Did he get back to you?

Reply to @itsyourthing: He said "I need the link so I can send you a rating. And the flyer is beautiful."

Not really sure if he’s saying he’d like a way to change the rating or pretending to be unaware that he docked me a star? Not sure what to think.

Reply to @annai80: I’m hoping it is a mistake. :slight_smile: And I’ve also had a buyer like that too! He said he “never gives 5 stars on principle.” I was amazed!

Reply to @vainpaper: Hmm, that’s an odd turn of phrase. It’s good he likes the flyer, but ‘sending a rating’ is just weird.

At least your overall rating for flyers is still 5 stars, I don’t think anyone will notice. :slight_smile:

Reply to @itsyourthing: It is strangely worded. When I asked him what link he said “I dont see where I can give you your review like I always do.” I told him he had sent one already. I think he’s trying to fake it :open_mouth:

Yeah I don’t think it will affect sales by any means, but I don’t need even one 4 star review hanging out, it’s just not up to standard. :wink:

Reply to @vainpaper:

vainpaper said: It is strangely worded. When I asked him what link he said "I dont see where I can give you your review like I always do." I told him he had sent one already. I think he's trying to fake it
Certainly possible, but apparently some sellers are seeing a "new" site when they're logged in, sometimes. Maybe your buyer has the 'new & improved' site that doesn't have a feedback link. :|

I really wish I was sure I was joking.

Ugh.

“I know I should calm down and accept that 4 out of 5 stars is acceptable”

This

One time I had a 1 star review with a really nice “this was awesome and Emma shits gold out her ass” kinda comment. Weird… I went to ask him WHY the stars were so bad and the review so glowing, and he said “I swear I gave you 5 stars on everything!”

I believed him. Those stars can be moved if your mouse washes over them, at least the last time I checked. If you’re tired and just finishing things for the day its an easy oversight. I just went to CS and got it removed since I had evidence that it was a mistake, but not sure it would work with 4/5 since… well that’s “awesome” too? rolls eyes.

As others have said, could be Fiverr glitching. I had loads of people last week getting angry with me because my autoresponder message for details never sent. WTF… they screw up and I have to placate the furious people and get nervous about a bad review for no fault of mine before I even started the job?

Try him a little more then contact CS, but be prepared to accept that you’re not not 100%. It sucks, but what can you do?

Sorry @vainpaper