Fiverr Community Forum

What happened to this site?

What happened to this site? I haven’t logged in for about 2 years, everything was 5 bucks (as per the name) Now everything is hundreds of dollars. Not the nice cheap site it used to be anymore. Dissappoined .

3 Likes

There are many sellers who still have $5 gigs if you look. Also if you post a Buyer’s Request there are plenty of sellers who re willing to work for $5.

9 Likes

Even when Fiverr required all sellers to have something to offer at $5, many sellers only offered 5 minutes of work for that price. They charged extras to scale up at first and when packages came out, most had packages in the hundreds. As long as I’ve been here (2014) Fiverr has had some sellers “starting at five bucks” but you can’t get many sellers who will work some huge job for nothing. That doesn’t even make sense unless the seller is very new. If you are looking for bargains, new or less-skilled sellers will still help you unless you are unreasonable. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

You’ll notice that most sellers have scaled their work to those higher prices, not charged exorbitantly more for the same work/value. Scaling and inflating are two very different things.

They aren’t charging higher than what they were before. They’re just offering more value and more work. In any case, no one here is charging exorbitantly. People just want to get paid what they deserve and they’re scaling their businesses to better support themselves and better meet market demand.

7 Likes

There are still plenty of people still offering good quality gigs for the basic $5.
I think a lot of us can agree that $5 was way to cheap ( and they deserved to get paid more), and even when people decided to double their prices it was still cheap and a great deal. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Everything is expensive now everywhere. Sellers who have spent years proving themselves on fiverr while earning very little often are ready to give themselves a well deserved raise.

There are incredibly skilled talented sellers on fiverr who are obviously not in the $5 category or even the $50 category yet still price themselves far below their actual worth.

14 Likes

@missmuffet - There’s prices, and there’s prices. Keep browsing and pick your price.

And there is inflation, currency changes, more advanced services etc.

Even you probably had salary increases.

We should all be happy live of many people have changed for the better of these changes.

If you need help with something other than what’s being discussed in a post, you’re better off creating a new post of your own (provided you don’t find an already existing post with the info. you’re looking for). :blush:

Hello
For some reason I am being pilloried about a post I didnt create. There is nothing there that is the slightest to do with me.
I have made previous comments abut the Fiverr web site Usability but that is hardly contentious.
I suspect your files are adrift.
kindly redact
Johnw@mimocare

I see now you did make the post.

In 2019 USDA predicts that food price will increase 1 to 2 percent, dairy 3 to 4, veg 3 to 4 … poultry 1 to 2…etc etc… not only usa but worldwide already increased. so expecting usd 5 for all time is a joke :slight_smile:

@missmuffet There are many sellers who still have $5 gigs if you look, its totally depend on service quality, so keep searching and pick your desired price! just complete

Regards

1 Like

Hi

Having now gone back through the mails that you have complained about, I have now seen the full content (not abridged) of my post

I now agree that it was beyond the pale and for that I unreservedly apologise.

I recall mounting frustration trying to find find conversation records from one supplier who had gone quiet and on entering Fiverr I could not find any way of bringing the discussion to the fore. I was continually being shown the profile of the supplier but no record of our ongoing discussion. Plus I was trying to manage two orders at the same time and switching between them was not helpful

As a software designer I do balk at website navigation that is not self explanatory. And to be honest, I feel Fiverr has expanded so much that there is a lot more detail in there now than in the early days when I first started to use it.

I could make productive suggestions from a user perspective but that is not for here.

As above I regret boiling over with frustration so apologise and would like to withdraw that posting asap.

John

misscrystal

April 6

mimocare:
For some reason I am being
pilloried about a post I didnt create. There is nothing there that
is the slightest to do with me.

You didn’t make the post above
your latest one, the post that got flagged wasn’t yours?

Visit Topic
or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

mimocare

April 6
Hello For some reason I am being
pilloried about a post I didnt create. There is nothing there that
is the slightest to do with me. I have made previous comments abut
the Fiverr web site Usability but that is hardly contentious. I
suspect your files are adrift. kindly redact Johnw@mimocare

Visit Topic
or reply to this email to respond.