What happens if client never responds?

tracybarnhart

I have a client who ordered a gig but did not provide any information and also requested more work than they paid for. I emailed them daily asking for the necessary information and sent an upgrade for the additional work. They did not respond to any message. Before the deadline, I requested an extension because I have no information. They didn’t respond to that either and the project is now late. The project still says that the client had a couple of days to respond to the extension. What happens if he never responds to that? Will it automatically cancel or just sit in limbo forever?

This is why you need to make Gig Requirements required. That way the countdown to the deadline won’t start until the buyer fills the order.

Personally, when I’m in this situation and the buyer isn’t responding, I just cancel. It isn’t worth your time or energy.

The gig requirements ARE required. The client put his website address into every requirement slot rather than actually sending the necessary info.

Then what did they put in the requirements? You said that you had no information.

The gig is for bios. They only sent a website link with a list of staff. The just kept pasting in the same link even though the requirements give a list of information that I want for each person. It’s hard to write a bio with only a person’s name.

The gig is for bios. They only sent a website link with a list of staff. The just kept pasting in the same link even though the requirements give a list of information that I want for each person. It’s hard to write a bio with only a person’s name.

Definitely. Those lazy buyers are out there, unfortunately. When this happens, I cancel. It’s not worth it.

Talk to CS and see what options they have for you. Humansocial is prob right tho.

Archived