What happens if I am unable to verify my ID within 14 days?

authorava

First things first: I AM TERRIFIED!!!

I have just started selling on Fiverr and things are going well so far. I have only been here for about a week.

I have been asked to verify my account if I want to continue selling on Fiverr. I do not have any of the IDs they accept, but when I created my account I applied for my driver’s license and was told it would take six weeks to be processed. So, the ID will be ready around the end of November.

I am so worried about losing my account. Is there a way I can verify my account after the nine-day period had ended? Do I lose my account forever if I am unable to verify within this period?

I have contacted customer support but it has been five days now and I am yet to receive a reply. Does anyone know the fate of my account?

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

To the best of my knowledge, you will be temporarily locked out of your account, but should be fine once you can verify your ID. You have already taken the right step, and contacted Fiverr. All you can do at this point is wait.

As for panicking, take a deep breath. There were several newcomers who had a similar problem when the pandemic first started, because they couldn’t go anywhere in order to get an ID because closures and enforced isolation. Most who reported back said things went fine once they had their ID.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

To the best of my knowledge, you will be temporarily locked out of your account, but should be fine once you can verify your ID. You have already taken the right step, and contacted Fiverr. All you can do at this point is wait.

As for panicking, take a deep breath. There were several newcomers who had a similar problem when the pandemic first started, because they couldn’t go anywhere in order to get an ID because closures and enforced isolation. Most who reported back said things went fine once they had their ID.

Really helpful! Thank you so much! (:

Archived