Fiverr Forum

What happens if I give a Thumbs Down?

I recently bought 2 press releases that also included the submission to 25 press release sites.

The order was delivered on time however I never received a copy of the press release to review before they were actually submitted.

The wording that was used was very obvious that it was written by someone without a great command of the English language (unlike the wording of their gig) and I would have liked to reviewed the PR and requested corrections before it was sent out to the web.

I don’t want to deny the seller their money but I wasn’t really satisfied either. If I click the Thumbs Down (since it in all practicality to late to request a revision since the work is already out there on the internet) what will happen?

Will the seller still get their money but just a negative rating or will it prevent them from collecting their money?

Thanks for you help in advance.

Wealthy, most of us sellers would rather make you WHOLE and give you either another go with better quality work or a refund than to get a thumbs down.

I recommend sending them a message, explaining the situation and that you are unhappy. Us sellers, we like communication with our sellers - most of us want to make you happy and satisfied, and want to avoid negative feedback - as it can affect our rating and profile immensely.

Ask for a redo and that you would like the review the work before they do anything to it / or you write it /edit it. If they ignore you or refuse - then let your own judgement see whether or not it you should leave negative feedback.

Thank you all very much for your input. Being new here I want to be fair with the seller but also would like to get quality work.