What if buyer ignore the necessary extra and keep quiet after ordering?

goliwog

Let say a buyer ordered a basic package but expects you to do something that’s offered in the extra. So you send the extra to buyer but he/she keeps quiet and do not response to your message. Or even if buyer response he/she refuses to buy the extra.

I would think the best course of action is to contact CS but what if CS do not response until the deadline arrives?

If I cancel the order before the deadline will my rating be affected?

I must say that not to cancel the order, you have to deliver this time and change your descriptions and writes these words. ““Contact before ordering””, then all gonna be fine.

Best Regards

““Contact before ordering””, then all gonna be fine.

How will that stop a buyer from ordering? It will encourage them to contact the seller, but it won’t actually stop them from ordering if they want to. 😉

In one of his novels, “The Ganymede Takeover”, Philip K. Dick imagined hotel rooms that can sustain a conversation. Well… sort of:

The hotel room, second-rate, dirty and dilapidated as it was, managed to cackle in a senile but penetrating voice, “Mr Paying Guest, do not attempt to leave without settling your bill at the desk downstairs”.

– You don’t keep yourself too clean, do you?

At the minuscule rates charged for me…

To the autonomic articulation circuit of the hotel room - feeble, of some crude pre-war design - she said “What can you tell me about the local ethnic folk singers?”

What’s that, Mr Paying Guest? Repeat your query.

She had already told it several times that she was a “Miss”, not a “Mister”, but it was, it seemed, programmed to use only one form of address. Firmly, she said, “This area, the south in general has for a century and a half produced the finest native jazz and ballad singers in the entire country. Buell Kazee, for instance…”

A dime.

– What?

If you’re going to interrogate or pontificate you just insert a UN silver dime in the appropriate slot mounted handily at eye-level slightly to your left.

““Contact before ordering””, then all gonna be fine.

How will that stop a buyer from ordering? It will encourage them to contact the seller, but it won’t actually stop them from ordering if they want to. 😉

Yes you are right but Sir, if you have mention in the descriptions that "“Contact before ordering” so you have a proof of your self and you can contact “customer support” about that and you will definitely get positive results from ““CS””.

Yes you are right but Sir, if you have mention in the descriptions that "“Contact before ordering” so you have a proof of your self and you can contact “customer support” about that and you will definitely get positive results from ““CS””.

that and you will definitely get positive results from ““CS””.

I wouldn’t count on it to be honest.

All gigs are supposed to be setup so they can be ordered without any prior conversation with a prospective buyer.

Having ‘contact me before ordering’ won’t make a blind bit of difference if they decide to cancel, ask for extras etc. I’m afraid.

Yeah the best option to ask them for extra but if you get an order with higher requirement with a low budget and the buyer not willing to give extra’s in that case you will have to contact ““CS”” for this, and after that cancellation your cancellation rate not gonna be effected if you are right in your position. 😉

Yeah the best option to ask them for extra but if you get an order with higher requirement with a low budget and the buyer not willing to give extra’s in that case you will have to contact ““CS”” for this, and after that cancellation your cancellation rate not gonna be effected if you are right in your position. 😉

contact ““CS”” for this, and after that cancellation your cancellation rate not gonna be effected if you are right in your position.

Nope - that’s not always true either I’m afraid. 🙁

I must say that not to cancel the order, you have to deliver this time and change your descriptions and writes these words. ““Contact before ordering””, then all gonna be fine.

Best Regards

I already did that but some I think it won’t prevent a buyer to place an order without asking.

You sure about that? Care to share your experience when CS sided with you?

Yes, the completion rate would be affected.

Deliver only what is due. You can consider to deliver extra work if there is a very good reason.

It also depends upon the size/complexity of the job.

I can only do the work when buyer buy the extra. So since it’s not recommended that I cancel the order, should I just do the extra work for free? I think since I am just starting, I feel I need to do it just to keep a good rating.

It’s unfair for me but I’m not sure if I have much of a choice.

In one of his novels, “The Ganymede Takeover”, Philip K. Dick imagined hotel rooms that can sustain a conversation. Well… sort of:

The hotel room, second-rate, dirty and dilapidated as it was, managed to cackle in a senile but penetrating voice, “Mr Paying Guest, do not attempt to leave without settling your bill at the desk downstairs”.

– You don’t keep yourself too clean, do you?

At the minuscule rates charged for me…

To the autonomic articulation circuit of the hotel room - feeble, of some crude pre-war design - she said “What can you tell me about the local ethnic folk singers?”

What’s that, Mr Paying Guest? Repeat your query.

She had already told it several times that she was a “Miss”, not a “Mister”, but it was, it seemed, programmed to use only one form of address. Firmly, she said, “This area, the south in general has for a century and a half produced the finest native jazz and ballad singers in the entire country. Buell Kazee, for instance…”

A dime.

– What?

If you’re going to interrogate or pontificate you just insert a UN silver dime in the appropriate slot mounted handily at eye-level slightly to your left.

Sounds like an interesting read. I’ll look for it on AZ! 😃

I can only do the work when buyer buy the extra. So since it’s not recommended that I cancel the order, should I just do the extra work for free?

If you like working for free then go for it! However, ask yourself this question, are you here to make money to support yourself and family? or working for free like a charity?

I can only do the work when buyer buy the extra. So since it’s not recommended that I cancel the order, should I just do the extra work for free? I think since I am just starting, I feel I need to do it just to keep a good rating.

If you have lot of work then you will have to cancel the order and contact ''CS" for this. But if you are new then its my suggestion to do that work for him and take a low start to get more experience and clicks as well impressions.

should I just do the extra work for free?

As a rule, no: the first thing to do is to deliver what was paid. Extras (or freebies) can be eventually discussed after delivery. Exceptions exist, but they are exceptions.

Sounds like an interesting read. I’ll look for it on AZ! 😃

I can only do the work when buyer buy the extra. So since it’s not recommended that I cancel the order, should I just do the extra work for free?

If you like working for free then go for it! However, ask yourself this question, are you here to make money to support yourself and family? or working for free like a charity?

Like I said I am just starting. I feel it’s more important than ever to maintain a good rating initially. I hope when I have enough rating, I can be more flexibility.

should I just do the extra work for free?

As a rule, no: the first thing to do is to deliver what was paid. Extras (or freebies) can be eventually discussed after delivery. Exceptions exist, but they are exceptions.

I can’t deliver the work without the extra. Actually buyer have to supply that item himself. It’s like creating a book cover from existing images. Buyer have to supply not only the cover but the spine image. Otherwise I’ll have to recreate the spine.

It won’t take much time for me to recreate it but I feel that this willingness can be abused by certain buyer.

If you have lot of work then you will have to cancel the order and contact ''CS" for this. But if you are new then its my suggestion to do that work for him and take a low start to get more experience and clicks as well impressions.

That is what I thought… 😥

I can’t deliver the work without the extra. Actually buyer have to supply that item himself. It’s like creating a book cover from existing images. Buyer have to supply not only the cover but the spine image. Otherwise I’ll have to recreate the spine.

It won’t take much time for me to recreate it but I feel that this willingness can be abused by certain buyer.

I can’t deliver the work without the extra

It won’t take much time for me to recreate it

You need to evaluate carefully what is worst: a cancellation or “free” work.

If you do the additional part at no charge you should tell clearly to the buyer that it’s a one-time valuable gift, that has a value of (your standard fee).

To lower the probability of such situations you may consider to raise the base price of the package, including that extra as a standard feature.

I can’t deliver the work without the extra

It won’t take much time for me to recreate it

You need to evaluate carefully what is worst: a cancellation or “free” work.

If you do the additional part at no charge you should tell clearly to the buyer that it’s a one-time valuable gift, that has a value of (your standard fee).

To lower the probability of such situations you may consider to raise the base price of the package, including that extra as a standard feature.

Thanks for the suggestions @pacquo Yes I plan to raise my base price but for now as I am just starting, I have to keep it a little low to be competitive.

In any case for any new sellers (like me), we can read how to use the resolution center here

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/using-the-resolution-center

Coincidentally, another seller just posted similar issue here

I’ll try to be quick here. Buyer orders 1 basic gig… 500 words for $5 Buyer sends requirements, wants 700 words and multiple high quality images. Buyer did not pay for images using the Fiverr Getty Image deal. Buyer did not pay for 700 words, only 500. I went to Resolution, requested to modify the order to reflect the price for the multiple images ($30) and to reflect the $5 needed for the extra word count. Buyer says no. Buyer wants what they want and does not care about what I have to say,…

Thanks for the suggestions @pacquo Yes I plan to raise my base price but for now as I am just starting, I have to keep it a little low to be competitive.

In any case for any new sellers (like me), we can read how to use the resolution center here

https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/using-the-resolution-center

Coincidentally, another seller just posted similar issue here

I’ll try to be quick here. Buyer orders 1 basic gig… 500 words for $5 Buyer sends requirements, wants 700 words and multiple high quality images. Buyer did not pay for images using the Fiverr Getty Image deal. Buyer did not pay for 700 words, only 500. I went to Resolution, requested to modify the order to reflect the price for the multiple images ($30) and to reflect the $5 needed for the extra word count. Buyer says no. Buyer wants what they want and does not care about what I have to say,…

I have to keep it a little low to be competitive.

I think that you have anyway a margin to raise the prices.

As you can see, keeping the prices low didn’t worked in your favor this time.

I have to keep it a little low to be competitive.

I think that you have anyway a margin to raise the prices.

As you can see, keeping the prices low didn’t worked in your favor this time.

It’s ok… just for this time 😥

you will definitely get positive results from ““CS””.

I would not agree. On most issues like this I have brought to CS they send back a canned respose to “work it out with the buyer.”

All gigs are supposed to be setup so they can be ordered without any prior conversation with a prospective buyer.

Miss offlinehelpers is correct.

Archived