What if I have got my client outside of fiverr?

stefanyoshovski

Hey,

communication outside of fiverr is against the rules, but what if I have found my client outside of fiverr and we have already been discussing about a project? If one day the buyer asks me inside fiverr’s chat, to jump on a quick zoom call and I accept (because obviously we have been doing that before), will I be banned from fiverr?

Thank you, Stefan!

This could be considered as ToS violation.

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, S…e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

• Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

• Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.

• All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Fiverr’s platform. (Delivery exception = If the file you are delivering is too big or you are experiencing other technical limitations, you may use alternative methods to send a file (e.g., Dropbox, etc.).

It does matter what you have done before outside of Fiverr. If both you and Client are on Fiverr now, both must follow Fiverr’s terms.

If communication outside of Fiverr is the only possible way to complete the order, you would need to get approval from Fiverr.

This could be considered as ToS violation.

• To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, S…e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

• Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.

• Fiverr does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Fiverr platform.

• All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Fiverr’s platform. (Delivery exception = If the file you are delivering is too big or you are experiencing other technical limitations, you may use alternative methods to send a file (e.g., Dropbox, etc.).

It does matter what you have done before outside of Fiverr. If both you and Client are on Fiverr now, both must follow Fiverr’s terms.

If communication outside of Fiverr is the only possible way to complete the order, you would need to get approval from Fiverr.

Thank you for your response and I have already read Fiverr’s ToS when I signed in.

However I am just considering a possible real life situation. We all know that Fiverr forbids communication outside of Fiverr mainly because they get 20% of the payment. However if basically I have brought a new client to Fiverr’s platform, it is obvious that we cannot “discuss in code” and if someone writes a text message like: “Can you do that as we decided during our phone call?”. This type of message could be even automatically flagged from Fiverr’s algorithms.

I think that Fiverr should implement some sort of whitelist in case a client has purchased through a Custom Link Offer outside the platform.

Thank you for your response and I have already read Fiverr’s ToS when I signed in.

However I am just considering a possible real life situation. We all know that Fiverr forbids communication outside of Fiverr mainly because they get 20% of the payment. However if basically I have brought a new client to Fiverr’s platform, it is obvious that we cannot “discuss in code” and if someone writes a text message like: “Can you do that as we decided during our phone call?”. This type of message could be even automatically flagged from Fiverr’s algorithms.

I think that Fiverr should implement some sort of whitelist in case a client has purchased through a Custom Link Offer outside the platform.

I hear you. It’s obvious why Fiverr does not allow it.

The rules are given by them and Users need to follow it if they want to sell on Fiverr’s marketplace.

In case your concern is not just a theory, you may ask CS for clearance of using other communication channel in this case? No idea if they would be willing to approve it but if you wouldn’t ask, you wouldn’t know the answer.

It is also important to consider that any communication outside of Fiverr could not be taken into account in case of dispute…

I know it sucks but there is no other way around for your level at the moment.

Just don’t bring outside clients into Fiverr. There’s no reason for you to do so.

Archived